Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pinterest for business

Options
  • 29-02-2012 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Anyone using? Thoughts..?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Tourism

It seems to be causing a bit of a stir at the moment. No harm in signing up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭LifeBeginsAt40

I'm using it and quite a few fellow tourism folks are too.

A good way to advertise your holiday cottage etc. Pin the stunning views etc!

There is a good blog article about the pros and cons of Pinterest here:

Pros and Cons of Pinterest

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

What I've been doing is whenever I pin something related to my blog I add my blog link, and if one of your pins is re-pinned again and again it'll help out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

For companies I think you could use it in 2 ways: you could have your company boards with images of your products/service/shops etc and then a few other boards which relate to your business, a little bit similar to blogging about topics in your industry. It doesn't have to be used heavily but it provides an additional channel of showcasing you wares (just make sure to - as usual - keep the mix between spamming your own stuff and genuinely interesting stuff) and raising the profile of the company.

On the same topic: an infography by Mashable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,946 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

sNarah wrote: »
    ... then a few other boards which relate to your business, a little bit similar to blogging about topics in your industry. ....

Just make sure you own the images on those other boards, or have the right to share them.

(I can't help wonder if Pintrest wasn't designed by copyright lawyers looking to raise some cash: who else asks you to sign up to something with terms and conditions like that, but doesn't mention the T&Cs at all during the sign-up process!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭LifeBeginsAt40

JustMary wrote: »
    Just make sure you own the images on those other boards, or have the right to share them.

(I can't help wonder if Pintrest wasn't designed by copyright lawyers looking to raise some cash: who else asks you to sign up to something with terms and conditions like that, but doesn't mention the T&Cs at all during the sign-up process!)

I always pin my own photography or ask others on Google+ etc if it's ok to pin their business images. Bit of a pain in the backside and does make you wonder about the longevity of pinterest.

I was (always will be?) a professional photographer so have plenty to pin, but it's not meant to be all about me!!

JustMary wrote: »

Jup, I did mean that indeed. Either upload your own images, or repin other images from other users which is no copyright violation. I do imagine that sharing is legal as the site is designed for that purpose...?

Advertisement