Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is there any difference between an asian and an irish iphone?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

I'm trying to feel bad for you but its hard, you dug a hell of a hole for yourself. Best of Luck with getting it sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭antocann

tbh , sorry to say this but it was obvious from the first post ,

hope you find the guy and try get a refund , problem is , private sale,fone was purchased and person was happy to pay

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭innthe

I had my suspicions so i said to him that if there was anything wrong with it(what i really meant is if it was a fake) that i could return it to him and he agreed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,330 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Brian017 wrote: »
    Make sure its not an AirPhone. Trust me you do not want one of those
    Leave it where it is
    If he's telling you it's an "Asian iPhone" that most likely means it's fake.

Like everyone here said....You must be able to get an Irish one with some history
    bkehoe wrote: »
    I'd be fairly sure none were made in California. China is where they're all made other than some very recent production in Brazil...
    barryd09 wrote: »
    Sounds a bit suss to be honest, I'd leave it.
    ROFLcopter wrote: »
    Beware of the hiphone, the aisean iPhone
    biko wrote: »
    Bring a laptop and connect phone to itunes.
    If itunes recognises phone it's legit.
    Duck Soup wrote: »
    AFAIK, all iPhones are made/assembled in the Foxconn plant in China. There are no iPhone production facilities in either Japan or California.
    Dodge wrote: »
    There's no difference between the version sold in shops in Tokyo or Dublin

if he's trying to suggest otherwise, its a fake
    if he's saying its made in japan or california, avoid.
    Solair wrote: »
    There are only two versions of the iPhone:

There's no single standard for Asia. So, I don't really know what the supplier's talking about.
    Be careful,I got stung some years ago
    Solair wrote: »
    If it sounds too good to be true, price-wise, it probably is.

innthe wrote: »
    Turns out the phone was a dud,

I should have listened to you guys hehe

That's one hell of an understatement, it was insanity going any where near it after all the advice. I'm in shock.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭innthe

Ya, ya i learned my lesson. Sorry but im a bit pissed off with that guy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

innthe wrote: »
    Ya, ya i learned my lesson. Sorry but im a bit pissed off with that guy

I'd be more pissed of with myself for going against all advice..... plus you didnt pick it up yourself. did you even school your cousin on what to look out for? or did you even know? you were both the perfect marks for this guy.

one born every minute indeed. its harsh, but ive no sympathy for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,330 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'd be more pissed of with myself for going against all advice.....

one born every minute indeed.

+1
    Perhaps there should be a stick about buying second hand iphone's, it wouldn't have helped op as he just didn't take the good advice but it would help some.

Another minute and another victim http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056570501

There is no such thing as a cheap iphone, the sooner people cop onto that the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Alright lads, no need to rub it in. He's made a mistake, admitted it and hopefully wil learn from it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Dodge wrote: »
    Alright lads, no need to rub it in. He's made a mistake, admitted it and hopefully wil learn from it

there's every need to rub it in, he should have went and checked himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

OP - you actually bought it !

after all the advice you still went ahead?
    and sent your cousin ?

you're winding us up surely?

and if i was the seller i would just say "i told you it was a asian iphone - no refund"

• Advertisement
Advertisement