Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

does smithing kind of ruin the game a bit?

• 29-02-2012 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭

i'm level 27 now with max smithing (easily done with a few thousand gold and an hour or two just making daggers). i have two dual wield daedric swords i crafted and have nightengale armour. with upgrades and enchants, these will easily do me the rest of the game, but the main point is that these all easily outclass anything i can get in dungeons and even bosses, taking away the excitement of finding a cool new bit of gear. anything i find now i only see how much it can get me when i sell it. huge part of RPG games is the constant searching for and upgrading your gear. i feel i don't have this part of it anymore.

smithing should be made harder i think, or else you shouldn't be able to craft daedric or dragonplate armours and weapons.

i suppose you could just choose not to upgrade smithing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Koded_AR_Rose

i thought that too but at around level 30 playing on master my lack of blade skills got my ass handed to me alot and i wished i hadnt leveled up smithing if your playing on the lower difficulties i can see how it would kill the game... so in a nutshell my advice is if you havent got it maxed allready up the difficulty and see,,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Frankly, no. I am now playing on the Expert difficulty and find it just about right.

I have max smithing, level 41, with light armour and an elder dragon can very nearly kill me in one go if I get caught in a full breath attack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

What pissed me off is that you can get dragon armour before daedric, dragon should be better than daedric (imo) and the light and heavy dragon armours should be two different perk sections, or they should have light daedric armour in addition to daedric armour.

I felt that smithing was too easy to get to 100 by repeatedly making iron daggers.

I'm level 52 now and I've been able to make dragon armour smithing items since level 20 or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Dermighty wrote: »
    What pissed me off is that you can get dragon armour before daedric, dragon should be better than daedric (imo) and the light and heavy dragon armours should be two different perk sections, or they should have light daedric armour in addition to daedric armour.

I felt that smithing was too easy to get to 100 by repeatedly making iron daggers.

I'm level 52 now and I've been able to make dragon armour smithing items since level 20 or so.

How do you get dragon armour before daedric? I thought daedric was the second last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    How do you get dragon armour before daedric? I thought daedric was the second last.

You can reach dragon via the right side of the perk tree without needing deadric.

I only go as far as glass. I play a sneaky archer so armour rating isn't too important to me and glass weapons are suitable enough. For me the best armour i have is not from smithing at all. I have an upgraded Krosis mask and a mix of nightingale and dark brotherhood sets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »

You can get dragon armour via the light armour side of the perk tree, both heavy and light dragon armour are in the same section, it's stupid really.

Advertisement