Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

im very stuck.......

• 29-02-2012 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

hey there....

lead guitarist here desperately lookin to join a band or form one...i have recently just split with my old band and i just cant find the right musicians...i constantly wade through online sites lookin for anyone but i cant...im 22 ,i have my own car, dedication, talent, no ego, chilled , drive, professional gear and am determined to get a band and make it one of the best .... BUT i need help...im lookin for any musicians willing to start an original band....i dont care what musician you are once you can play, have determination and can give 2 -3 rehersals a week...i base my guitar influences around joe bonamasa, jimmy page, hendrix, clapton, slash etc etc...then again ill play motown, funk, country, slide, chickin pickin/ rockabilly...all i do is practice and wait for someone to reply to my ads haha its sad but true...if your another lead guitarist like myself then get in touch...if ur a bassist, drummer, singer(male or female)get in touch.im based in dublin but will travel...ideally im lookin for members around my age but then again 18-28 would be cool...

if ur interested please get in touch...

this could be somethin cool...

all the best.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 CheshireVirus

I'm an 18 year old kildare based Vocalist (acoustic/rhythm guitarist) but I don't play much guitar since I busted my wrist etc

Anyway, I'm a vocalist in Kildare

http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamoDisaster?feature=mhee

My youtube channel -sorry I havent posted anything good in a while, but I am a strong vocalist I promise you that much, if I had a full band I'd give stronger vocals, but with acoustic I sing somewhat more softly-

Lemme know if I'm anything remotely like what youre looking for

My influences are Japanese Bands -The GazettE- but english speaking bands, 30 Seconds to mars, Evanescence etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭son.of.jimi

Hey man,

I'm 25 and in a similar position, currently gigging in a band but i need another outlet! Play Acoustic + Electric Guitar, bass and can also play drums.

My infuences are varied.

I'm available for jamming 4/5 nights each week.

I'm not too far from Dublin either.

PM me if your interested in getting something going.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭ohigg84

richie1989 wrote: »
    hey there....

lead guitarist here desperately lookin to join a band or form one...i have recently just split with my old band and i just cant find the right musicians...i constantly wade through online sites lookin for anyone but i cant...im 22 ,i have my own car, dedication, talent, no ego, chilled , drive, professional gear and am determined to get a band and make it one of the best .... BUT i need help...im lookin for any musicians willing to start an original band....i dont care what musician you are once you can play, have determination and can give 2 -3 rehersals a week...i base my guitar influences around joe bonamasa, jimmy page, hendrix, clapton, slash etc etc...then again ill play motown, funk, country, slide, chickin pickin/ rockabilly...all i do is practice and wait for someone to reply to my ads haha its sad but true...if your another lead guitarist like myself then get in touch...if ur a bassist, drummer, singer(male or female)get in touch.im based in dublin but will travel...ideally im lookin for members around my age but then again 18-28 would be cool...

all the best.

Hey man, check out that band, thunderstruck. They are looking for a lead guitarist. They have an ad up here. I tried them out, but they weren't my cup of tea at all, and I have no transport. They need a lead guitarist, preferably an Angus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Esy

hey there....

all the best.

6 years I've spent trawling though either Gigsmart (sigh) or Boards mate so don't give up yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 richie1989

@ohigg84 i think im too tall for angus man hahahah!

• Advertisement

@ohigg84 i think im too tall for angus man hahahah!

Ah dont worry man, i'm 5 10, but I still love being angus, i have all the moves. Just I cant jam with that band..

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Dani21

why not?are they good?

Dani21 wrote: »
    why not?are they good?

Not really, just didn't like the vibe of the band!

Advertisement