Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAS exam phase 6

• 29-02-2012 2:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I'm looking to repeat an exam I failed in fas a few years back. It was the final theory exam, I didn't take it seriously enough at the time to be honest but having been away for awhile i'm now anxious to get it over and done with. I didn't plumb in Oz but am back at it now again and am trying to go over the old notes. I have heard the exam has changed slightly, not as much on it, but would be interested in any tips or even the content of the exam. Is steam even on the course any more? Can't find anyone to ask as they've all left the country. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭gdavis

im sure if you get in touch with fas they can provide you with info on the exam

• Registered Users Posts: 7 trevp

I've tried but FAS are not the easiest to deal with. They keep telling you to ring another department or another person. I got an email for a lecturer but it didn't work! Noone can tell you anything.:confused:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

To discuss these exams here would be inappropriate

If you wish to sit any of your exams, you should apply to sit them or redo what theory/practical courses you require first to 'gather your information'

Exams are there for you to prove your competence, not to gain the inside track for other people so you can coast through it and go out into the industry as a bit of a cowboy, god knows there is enough of them

This thread has been reported to the moderators

I have applied to resit it. I am not looking for inside information on the exam, simply what I should be studying. There is a lot of notes and some of it is not relevant since I last sat it so would be wasting my time. Get your facts straight before you call people cowboys, you know nothing about me or what I've achieved. I should be reporting you for stupid assumptions thinking everyone is out to cruise through life. Tool!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

any tips or even the content of the exam

Your words, not mine!

Report away, I am an exam assessor for this industry, I would welcome it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I was amongst the first batch of people to sit the new exams at the end of 2010, and with regards to content much of it is the same , all i can say is if you have your notes and you know the material well enough you should have no problem in the exam.
    And steam is still on it , why wouldnt it be ? For some plumbers its a common thing to work on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

The exmas has changed slighty as there is more questions in it now I think there is 30 now from the old way of 20.
    The answer you give are alot shorter than from the old essay that ya had to write.
    But the studying hasn't changed any thing could still come up from steam, sewage, maths, fire protection, compressed air, air handling units, pump sizing, welding, heat pumps, solar, hot an cold water supplies, legionella and even a question from phase 2 or 4.
    There is an awful lot in it and all I can say is study everything. Maybe you could ring your college and ask could they send out passed exam papers for the last few years and that could give you a more understanding.
    Best of luck.

Thanks guys, that's all I needed to know. Just wasn't 100% on the whole thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement