Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Access to courts

• 29-02-2012 7:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

I recently applied for access to the Four Courts as a trainee solicitor, I have two questions

1. How long does it take to process the application?

2. Will my Four Courts card get me into the CCJ too? I know there is a separate application for that but my Master's Four Courts card is good for both.

Thanks

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

Are you a barrister or a solicitor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭johnfás

Takes about a week for you Four Courts Card to arrive after you send the form in. Most amateur looking card you'll ever see. Never tried to use it into the CCJ so no idea. It just saves you going through security and lets you through the side gates which is handy if you're nipping to the PRA or Central Office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

To use card in CCJ when you get card go to info desk in CCJ and they will activate it for you do it can be used there.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

To use card in CCJ when you get card go to info desk in CCJ and they will activate it for you do it can be used there.

Activate it for what, if you don't mind me asking?

Does it open up some secret courts service door or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

Activate it for what, if you don't mind me asking?

Does it open up some secret courts service door or something?

There is a entrance at the back for solicitors, barristers and staff also there is a cafe just for court staff and lawyers and lifts in the rear of the building that require swipe entry to get to, the solicitors room and law library also require swip entry.

• Advertisement
Advertisement