Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer of business phone number

Options
  • 29-02-2012 8:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi Eircom,

I've recently been made redundant from a company which is about to cease trading. I have the opportunity of purchasing the customer base, critical to this would be retaining the same phone numbers.

The company is an Eircom customer, we've had excellent voice and data service over the years (consequently all bills are up to date!) so I would like to keep the same supplier.

1. Is this transfer possible (new business may be trading from same premises, or at least in the same exchange area).

2. Costs involved?

3. Timescale involved

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi Eircom,

I've recently been made redundant from a company which is about to cease trading. I have the opportunity of purchasing the customer base, critical to this would be retaining the same phone numbers.

The company is an Eircom customer, we've had excellent voice and data service over the years (consequently all bills are up to date!) so I would like to keep the same supplier.

1. Is this transfer possible (new business may be trading from same premises, or at least in the same exchange area).

2. Costs involved?

3. Timescale involved

Thanks in advance!

Hi bumpitybump,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. There is a number of variables in what you are looking to do.

I would advise that you call the business centre on 1800 601 701 as it would be simpler for the agent to check each query one by one.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 20 bumpitybump

Hi Mark, thanks - will do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Forwarding in the exchange is the best bet, they charge around €10 a month and forward the old number to the new number if in the same STD code area.

The new number can be a Blueface number etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi Mark, thanks - will do.

Hi bumpitybump,

If you need me to clarify anything after you called the business service center let me know.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement