Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graffiti

Options
  • 29-02-2012 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭

Nothing says "don't vote for me, i'm supported by idiots" better than the graffiti everywhere.

Well done everyone :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

No harm in the chalked names on the concrete, a good bit of rain and it'll be gone. It's actually the defacto way of advertising on some US campuses, in lieu of postering.

Unless you're talking about something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

I think the massess and massess of posters stuck up with peeling selotape, half on top of each other, some ripped, is one of the things I hate most about the SU elections. They just look awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Have to say I'm usually fairly placid about the posturing nonsense, but the 14ft high chalk mural on the black hoarding near Quinn facing the car park, for a certain candidate running for Campaigns & Comms, wasn't appreciated. If thats his idea of communication, then take it elsewhere. Reminded me of the murals in Belfast and the one on the N11 regarding certain sectarian activities.

Also the cost of having two lads from services go out and hose off the paths around lunchtime. Fairly childish carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I appreciated some of the jokes tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

I spotted Karl Gill posters for the C&C positions on lampposts outside Belfield, along the N11 near the bus stop. Given there are stringent conditions on that even during general elections, it can't be permitted for something like this, can it?

It would be refreshing if C&C pledged to bring SU election information to students via electronic means (Twitter, Facebook, one email about all candidates) and there were more debates and such like. The current system of postering and haranguing students near polling stations is part of what turns people off University politics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I spotted Karl Gill posters for the C&C positions on lampposts outside Belfield, along the N11 near the bus stop. Given there are stringent conditions on that even during general elections, it can't be permitted for something like this, can it?

It would be refreshing if C&C pledged to bring SU election information to students via electronic means (Twitter, Facebook, one email about all candidates) and there were more debates and such like. The current system of postering and haranguing students near polling stations is part of what turns people off University politics.

Well if he postered off campus he would be littering which you would have to complain to Dun Laoghaire County Council about.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kkumk

The graffiti all over the Sunderland School of Law temporary wall thing was ridiculous. I saw men out there painting over it today, such a waste of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭bbuzz

Saw them painting there today as well, absolutely ridiculous.

I think Guiney should apologise.

Was it Guiney? I only saw Atkinsons name the whole way down.

bbuzz wrote: »
    Saw them painting there today as well, absolutely ridiculous.

I think Guiney should apologise.

I missed this... What was written (or drawn) and where?

• Advertisement

I missed this... What was written (or drawn) and where?
    The whole way down it said Vote Atkinson!

Would that not have washed off in rain? Seems a bit OTT to go painting it!!

Advertisement