Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Holiday Break Concern

Options
  • 29-02-2012 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

My first time booking one of these on the 22/2/2012. 3nights b n b Vienna Woods Hotel Cork.

Got email confirmation of my booking from Hotelsinone with the lidl crest on it.

The strange thing is that as of yet no deposit has been taken
    which is a bit strange and I am little concerned as there is a large wedding on which I am a guest, and wonder if I have a reservation at all.

I haven't checked my booking with the hotel just yet, thought I would ask her first.

Anyone know how these lidl breaks work and is this just normal proceedure.

tnks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Contact Hotelsinone and ask them. it's the only way to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

In my experience, most hotels won't take online booking if there's a wedding in the hotel, hence no specials.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭mar48

My first instinct would be to contact the hotel without delay to confirm booking

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Many hotels don't take a deposit, they just take your card details for security. I booked two hotels through bookings.com recently and neither took a deposit. It should be in the T&C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I bbok hotels in Ireland regularly and none ever take a deposit. They just hold a lien against the card if necessary.

If in doubt just phone the hotel to confirm your booking. It's no big deal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

here's an update:

The deposit of €26.57 was taken from my a/c on the 16th Feb by
    hotelsinone.ie who handle these deals for Lidl.

I emailed vienna woods hotel quoting the booking reference and requesting confirmation of same.
    Got reply asking for:- who's name was the booking made in and for what dates.

They are out of office and will get back to me tomorrow.

I didn't mention the Lidl deal but surprised the booking reference wasn't recognised by vienna woods, unless hotelsinone only pass this info on nearer the checkin day. 22/03/2012

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭bigbudda

Every hotel uses their own unique reference number system, as their are soo many websites and ways to book, your hotel wouldnt be able to recognise the hotelsinone reference number, that wouldnt be saved. So they asked the other details so they could find your booking under your name and arrival date.
    When they reply, ask them for your hotel reference number, so you know its gaurenteed!! And yeah, hotelsinone take like, 15% of the booking from your card, and then you pay the rest at check in.

So it looks grand for you!! Maybe mention though that you are with the wedding party...some hotels tend to give the people who booked cheap rooms online the 'dated or smaller' rooms, while guests with a function or booking directly with the hotel would get the updated, refurbished rooms. ;)

Enjoy the wedding!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Got reply this morning and they still couldn't identify my booking so I emailed them a pdf file of the booking receipt I got.

Details: 2 adults, 3 nights BnB @ €30pps Total: €180
    Deposit Paid: €26.57 Bal due at checkin: €153.43

Got reply few minutes ago, saying: The 3rd party website that I had booked over had imputed my name incorrect.

(yet it's correct on receipt they sent me)

Anyway looks like happy ending or should that be Start (wedding):D

Please find confirmation of your booking with amended details!

Number of Nights: 3Number of Guests: 2
    Room Type: Classic Bedroom Double&Single
    Rate: €154.44
    Package: Bed & Breakfast

yeah it's a euro extra (€181) but €30 BnB for a wedding, how bad:)

Advertisement