Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Feb 29th = No traffic day

• 29-02-2012 10:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

What gives? Have a disproportionate amount of people on salaries decided to sit at home watching Jeremy Kyle rather than work for free today?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

What?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Not where I was stuck today for 20 mins trying to get to college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Yea, there were f*ck all cars on the road this morning

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

GetWithIt wrote: »
    What gives? Have a disproportionate amount of people on salaries decided to sit at home watching Jeremy Kyle rather than work for free today?

This is bullshít.

I'm getting paid the same for February as I did for January. If you are on a salary, paid in monthly periods there are usually less work days in February any way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

This is bullshít.

I'm getting paid the same for February as I did for January. If you are on a salary, paid in monthly periods there are usually less work days in February any way.

You sound like someone who pays wages :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I thought we had today off:confused::confused::confused:
    Is it not a public holiday?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Nope, just someone with some uncommon fúcking sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

This is bullshít.

Or just someone who prefers facts to biased bullcrap ?

Even if they do pay wages, they also receive them.

A lot of people have gone straight into March and not bothered with today. Perhaps this is why there are so few cars on the streets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

This is bullshít.

Umm, but isn't there one day more in February this year? I think it's to pay for the Olympics. I know it's related.

• Advertisement

Umm, but isn't there one day more in February this year? I think it's to pay for the Olympics. I know it's related.

Still less days than January. Still paid the same for both months...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

i really hope that you are joking. part of me thinks not though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

No Traffic Day?
    Salaries?
    Monthly wages?
    Public Holiday?
    Olympics?
    Skipping straight into March?

.............I have no idea whats going on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I'm not working on a day that I didn't work last year unless they pay me MOOOORE. Gonna sit on my ass and watch Judy Judy.*

*No not really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

They must have really ****ty jobs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

cocoshovel wrote: »
    No Traffic Day?
    Salaries?
    Monthly wages?
    Public Holiday?
    Olympics?
    Skipping straight into March?

.............I have no idea whats going on

Liam Neeson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

It's Wednesday. I went to work. Try explaining to my boss if I didn't show up cause I made something up about not being paid.

And traffic was the same as always in Dublin Centre!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

This is bullshít.

Yeah but if you look at the entire year, I'm working one extra day this year than I worked last year, but I'm not getting paid any extra!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

This is bullshít.

Yeah but if you look at the entire year, I'm working one extra day this year than I worked last year, but I'm not getting paid any extra!
    Think of it as this being your normal year, then next year, the year after, and the year after, you get to work one day less.

Employers are nice like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Stop the stupid arguing people, you spoil Leap Day every single fourth year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

A lot of people have gone straight into March and not bothered with today. Perhaps this is why there are so few cars on the streets.

I wish we could, at least it would mean one day closer to Cheltenham, at this rate I'll be on the valium by the end of next week :rolleyes: :p

kfallon wrote: »
    I wish we could, at least it would mean one day closer to Cheltenham, at this rate I'll be on the valium by the end of next week :rolleyes: :p
    Do you have any tips? A PM would be appreciated ;):D

Meh one extra working day....sure the one days pay you wouldn't even put on a horse :p

Yeah money on a horse....just like Cheltenham in 2 weeks time....can't wait.....bets & booze.....please hurry up, please.....AAARRRRGGGGHHHH I'm going crazy with the wait!!!! :(

:P

Do you have any tips? A PM would be appreciated ;):D

Last time I PM'd you Teddy you asked me if I wanted a picture of your cock ffs :rolleyes:

:pac:

Last time I PM'd you Teddy you asked me if I wanted a picture of your cock ffs :rolleyes:

:pac:
    And you accepted and sent me back a picture of your ass. What's the problem?

And you accepted and sent me back a picture of your ass. What's the problem?

That was my face :(

That was my face :(
    I was the whole sorry forgive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

I get paid fortnightly. Up yours 29th Feb!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Apparently today on the 29th of feb a woman can propose, I watched a woman with a mike propose to her boyfriend last night in a pub, it sounds corny, but it was actually nice and I clapped and cheered like everyone else.

So men beware don't talk to any women today.

• Advertisement
Advertisement