Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LANDLORD V TENANT DISPUTE

• 29-02-2012 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi, Maybe someone could help me.I have rent a small commercial place.On teh lease there is no break clause( as if I dont stay 12 months I dont get y my deposti back).WhenI lease the space I bought equipment from landlord.Found out that ( over the period I was trading) the landlord got the equipment from previous tenants with the promise that he will pay it.We have been harrased by the previous tenants , and threaten that they will bring a truck and load all equipment.We did contact the ladnlord and he said he will sort it. When we decide that we cannot aford to rent the place anymore,we did meet the landlord,and at the meeting we had we asked the previous tenants to atend as well.The landlord did pay the previous tenants what he owed( they did come with a truck to load the equipment if they would not get the money), and the landlord told us that he will keep the equipment and not paying us nothing( I forgot to say that at the very begining the landlord said that in the moment we want to leave he will buy the equipment).We had to leave( the estate agent who did assist and hand the lease at the begining did attend this meeting).So, I have lost € 2,500 .I would like now to go to a solicitor ,because the equipment has nothing to do with the lease, and is my property now and is illegaly kept by the landlord.Does anyone now a solicitor who deal ,or what shoud I do next?many thanks in advance.NH

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 aleca

HI, did I post this under the wrong topic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Might help if you improved the layout of your query. Shorter sentences, two or three separate paras etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

aleca wrote: »
    Hi, Maybe someone could help me.I have rent a small commercial place.On teh lease there is no break clause( as if I dont stay 12 months I dont get y my deposti back).WhenI lease the space I bought equipment from landlord.Found out that ( over the period I was trading) the landlord got the equipment from previous tenants with the promise that he will pay it.We have been harrased by the previous tenants , and threaten that they will bring a truck and load all equipment.We did contact the ladnlord and he said he will sort it. When we decide that we cannot aford to rent the place anymore,we did meet the landlord,and at the meeting we had we asked the previous tenants to atend as well.The landlord did pay the previous tenants what he owed( they did come with a truck to load the equipment if they would not get the money), and the landlord told us that he will keep the equipment and not paying us nothing( I forgot to say that at the very begining the landlord said that in the moment we want to leave he will buy the equipment).We had to leave( the estate agent who did assist and hand the lease at the begining did attend this meeting).So, I have lost € 2,500 .I would like now to go to a solicitor ,because the equipment has nothing to do with the lease, and is my property now and is illegaly kept by the landlord.Does anyone now a solicitor who deal ,or what shoud I do next?many thanks in advance.NH

My translation is:

Hi, maybe someone could please help me. I rented a small commercial place and on the lease there is a clause that if I dont stay 12 months I dont get my deposit back.

When I leased the space I bought equipment from landlord. I found out that (over the period I was trading) the landlord got the equipment from previous tenants with the promise that he would pay them for it. We have been harrased by the previous tenants and threatened by them that they will bring a truck and load all equipment. We contacted the landlord and he said he will sort it out.

We decided that we can not aford to rent the place anymore. We met with the landlord and we asked the previous tenants to attend as well. The landlord did pay the previous tenants what he owed (they did come with a truck to load the equipment incase he didn't).

The landlord told us that he will keep the equipment and not paying us anything. (I forgot to say that at the very begining the landlord said that in the moment we want to leave he will buy the equipment).

We had to leave, the estate agent who provided the lease was also at the meeting). So I have lost € 2,500. I would like now to go to a solicitor, because the equipment has nothing to do with the lease, and is my property now and is illegaly kept by the landlord. Does anyone know a solicitor or what I shoud do next? Many thanks in advance.NH

Well if you were not there for 12 months he's entitled to keep your deposit. I suggest you turn up with a van to collect the equipment - seems to have worked for the last guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

No legal advice to be provided etc etc....

You're breaking the contract; did it have a specific penalty clause. If not, your liability is for any loss he suffers until he finds new tenants up to the total amount of rent payable for the remaining period of the lease. I.e. it could be substantially more than the deposit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement