Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Taping Windows

• 29-02-2012 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi there,

I'm just wondering can anyone give the name of a company that they would recommend to carry out this service for me?? Our window supplier doesn't do this so we need to get someone in to tape up windows, doors and around concrete slabs. We are in north Tipperary.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭sas

Hi there,

I'm just wondering can anyone give the name of a company that they would recommend to carry out this service for me?? Our window supplier doesn't do this so we need to get someone in to tape up windows, doors and around concrete slabs. We are in north Tipperary.

Thank you

If you will be on site during the window installation then you could do it yourself. It's much easier to do it during installation. It would add a few mins extra labour to every window during installation so it's really no big deal.

If you'd like to try this let me know. I'll throw a pm to you with how to go about it if you are. My window company did it and to be honest it's really straight forward.

Doing it after installation presents more challenges to be honest. During window installation you tape to the side of the windows.

If you tape after installation you have to tape to the internal face of the windows. The issue with this is that you must then plaster your reveals internally thick enough that the tape on the window gets hidden.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Peanut81

Hi SAS,

Could you PM me please with the detail you use for taping the windows before fitting, thanks a mill, also what products do you find best, there are lot of them out there. thanks.

Peanut81 wrote: »
    Hi SAS,

Could you PM me please with the detail you use for taping the windows before fitting, thanks a mill, also what products do you find best, there are lot of them out there. thanks.

Block work or TF?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Peanut81

Its Blockwork, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 keishamaya

could you pm me the same please sas when you get a chance thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 tippman3

sas. could you pm me please also. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 27 fathersdaughter

Could you PM please also? Thanks

Hi,

I've spoken to the mods and I'll be putting a guide together to share over the next week or so.

That will be specific to masonry build and based entirely on what worked on my site.

SAS

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭about2build

did you get around to putting that up anywhere sas...couldnt find it :(

did you get around to putting that up anywhere sas...couldnt find it :(

No, completely forgot about it. I'll get it started.

• Advertisement
Advertisement