Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

People that are both ugly and beautiful

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Charlotte Gainsbourg is a definite one for me.
    Kim Clijsters also.
    Sofia Coppola at a stretch.
    I'm tempted to say Kirsten Dunst but really she does nothing for me at all.
    seamus wrote: »
    Fairuza Balk

Definitely an odd thing going on there, where she objectively makes you think no f'n way, but she still makes with the groin tingles.

Although looking at her picture on IMDB, she definitely looked better in her younger days :eek:
    Great example and also the spit of a girl I used work with who totally had the beautifugly thing going on. I used to constantly sneak glances at her thinking 'no way' then 'no wait, she is'.

Looking at her IMDB page it seems the Sopranos' editors had a similar conundrum with Balk :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Cillian Murphy. Yes.

AeoNGriM wrote: »
    Paz de la Huerta - Lucy Danziger from Boardwalk Empire

I would.....nah, I wouldn't....oh, screw it I would....well, maybe......
    Wow, excellent pick.

Cillian Murphy has the freakbones but his baby blues and purty mouth would convince most women I'd say.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

ash23 wrote: »

Clint Eastwood was always one I could never understand. And Robert Redford. Though that's probably an age thing.
    Clint was considered too "pretty" by some casting types when in his 20's, (middle) age improved him on that score.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Jo Brand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Wow, excellent pick.

Cillian Murphy has the freakbones but his baby blues and purty mouth would convince most women I'd say.

Likewise, and I would probably not turn down the majority of the women posted in this thread. :p

Jo Brand

O...kaaaay

Grace Jones anyone? I always found her scary and ugly but with just a hint of hot.

Rosamund Hanson (Smell from This is England). Normally I find her quite hideous but I've seen a couple of photos that made me reconsider.

I wish I had a photo of the cleaning lady who used to work here who has part Milla Jovovich, part Jar-Jar Binks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

gubbie wrote: »
    Benedict Cumberbatch

In one way he looks good, in another he doesn't

No! Just no. He's gorgeous any way you look at him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Back in the X-Files day, I could never decide if Gillian Anderson was hot or not.

Gillian is hot as hell!!

Uma Thruman is an ugly/beautiful woman.

Few others that spring to mind are Kate Moss and Julia Roberts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Lily Allen

Kooky & cutesy or human King Charles Spaniel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Slightly off topic, but Lily Allen's sister reminds me of the Jumanji Monkey Boy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Can't remember if anyone mentioned Julia Roberts yet?

I know she is considered to be incredibly beautiful, but sometimes it looks like she has features from random people (nose teeth, mouth, etc) just superglued to her face.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Lilly Allen is just plain hot to me but i can see there is some thing girl next door looking about her

How about Ada Nicodemou from home and away?

Stacy Soloman from im a wanabe celeb get me a pay cheque?

Dont get me wrong but there is some thing manly lookin about Sandra Bullock but my god she is smokin!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Ugly Bob from South Park comes to mind

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Evanne Ní Chuilinn. Some days she looks gorgeous, others she looks like she'd bate the head off ya with a hurley. Something about the face, it just looks more masculine sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Jennifer Aniston isn't ugly, but she is very hot in an odd kinda way. Also it's odd how good she looks at 42... and odd how she's hotter now than she was when she was younger. One of the most attractive female celebrities there are right now imo.

Not sure if there's a recent trend of female celebrities getting much better looking in their thirties now, or if it's just my personal tastes are changing in line with my own age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Maggie Gyllenhall springs to mind for me
    people seem to find her attractive but doesn't do it for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Skerries wrote: »

She has a case of sad turtle face.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

There's absolutely nothing "ugly" or unattractive about most of the names posted here, well female anyway.
    Kate Moss is just stunning. Hilary Swank too. Uma Thurman is beautiful too. Claire Danes is the only celebrity I have a crush on. Maggie Gyllenhall beautiful.
    As for men, Clint Eastwood has to be the most statuesque man ever on screen.

Yizzar standards are through the roof, ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Ava devine. Sometimes Im thinking yeah Beauty, then sometimes im like "Jebus no way!" Cant make my mind up !:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Lili Taylor is one I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    There's absolutely nothing "ugly" or unattractive about most of the names posted here, well female anyway.
    Kate Moss is just stunning. Hilary Swank too. Uma Thurman is beautiful too. Claire Danes is the only celebrity I have a crush on. Maggie Gyllenhall beautiful.

You can't turn subjective opinion into fact - I think Hillary Swank looks 'funny' - true story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I just find it very strange that a person can find someone beautiful and yet ugly at the same time. Going from beautiful to ugly, is going from one end of the scale to the other. For me, a person is either attractive or unattractive and that's it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Jessie J

Weirdly attractive.

http://topnews.in/light/files/Jessie-J_6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭frank reynolds

Rihanna

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

You can't turn subjective opinion into fact - I think Hillary Swank looks 'funny' - true story.

Yeah but so do most people, it's just that celebrities are scrutinised more than us mortal beings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

I think your just ridingon space hopers at the moment, either that or your drunk at this hour :pac::P:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

You can have people who would be classed as plain, but they somehow are very sexy.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭garysully1986

The Ginger one from Girls aloud, Ya know she is the dog of the group but on her own I am sure she is deadly!!!

Any of the Jersey shore girls kinda fall in the same category, That Snooki one shed a tonne of weight now and not quite sure how hot or not she is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

Skerries wrote: »

she looks like a sad cartoon turtle, but i still would

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭marnie d

Russell Brand, I could never quite make up my mind about him, He is strange looking, even before he started wearing make up, skinny jeans and hairspray.

I never quite got the George Clooney thing, he does have nice eyes, but nah.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭CdeP

David Schwimmer.

He is handsome in an ugly sort of way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Maggie Gyllenhal is my girl crush!! No idea why but I find her very attractive.

Will Ferrell.
    Jason Segel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Justine Frischmann from Elastica.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

'Dobby' from Peep Show.

Yer-but-no-but-yer-but-no-but-yer-but...

Yer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Why can't people put clickable links to the feckin' names for people who don't know about celebs.

FFS. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Why can't people put clickable links to the feckin' names for people who don't know about celebs.

FFS. :mad:

You're just begging for a http://lmgtfy.com/ link aren't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Can't believe this thread got this far without the mention of Sandra Oh.
    She is the definition of beautiful ugly.

http://cuteasianhair.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/SandraOh.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Rebecca Atkinson

Karen from Shameless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Shelflife wrote: »
    Rebecca Atkinson

Karen from Shameless.

That reminds me: Anne-Marie Duff, formerly of Shameless, tends to swing back and forth on the hotness scale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Angeline Ball

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Mellio

My name for it is Ug-Looking.

Ugly and Good Looking at the same time...

Rory McIlroy is Ug-Looking

44leto wrote: »
    You can have people who would be classed as plain, but they somehow are very sexy.

That's a whole different ball game though.
    I just find it very strange that a person can find someone beautiful and yet ugly at the same time. Going from beautiful to ugly, is going from one end of the scale to the other. For me, a person is either attractive or unattractive and that's it.

Not really. It's about fine lines, like the ones between genius and bat**** mental and bootylicious and lardass.

Karen from Shameless - bang on.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

Leftover from the boom when we weren't forced to ogle fugly guttersnipes

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Sorry but Sandra Bernhard is not attractive in any way shape or form. Looks like a cross between Shergar and a particularly ugly man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Agyness Deyn, hot & not

Sometimes she looks like a little boy, but other times she looks super hot. Some people like both looks.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

Sorry but Sandra Bernhard is not attractive in any way shape or form. Looks like a cross between Shergar and a particularly ugly man.

I'd knock lumps out of her. I'd ate the thing and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Katgurl wrote: »
    sean Penn, ugly as sin in some ways but something utterly beautiful

All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Sandra Bernhard managed it,

Sandra Bernhard is ridiculously ****ing ugly! She looks like Ivanna Bacik, another person who has a face like she's smelling a bag of ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

People can be beautiful on the outside, and ugly on the inside...and the other way round ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement