Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duplicator

Options
  • 29-02-2012 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows where I can get my hands on a carving/router duplicator? Basically it's a manual version of a CNC router and I guess it was the norm before CNC came on the scene.
    Here's the kind of thing http://www.wood-carver.com/.
    I've done a small bit of searching and it's looking like I'll have to design and make my own unless of course someone might have one "knocking around" after making the jump to CNC..?
    Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭earpiece

This is a cheaper/simpler version of what your after?

http://www.rutlands.co.uk/workshop-&-power-tool-accessories/router-jigs-&-accessories/jigs---pattern-templates/1298/3d-pantograph

I have one and use it from time to time, can be a bit fiddly, but none the less it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ted lomax

Earpiece,

Cheers for that but I'm specifically looking for the item I linked to as I need to copy various shapes in wood and plastic both flat and curved.
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭earpiece

Hey Ted,
    The pantograph does curved shapes too.... it's 3D.
    Also has the added feature of altering scale of the item you are duplicating.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

earpiece wrote: »
    Hey Ted,
    The pantograph does curved shapes too.... it's 3D.
    Also has the added feature of altering scale of the item you are duplicating.
    I may be misreading the blurb but it would appear that 100% scale isn't an option for this device which might be a problem for the OP I suspect.

Advertisement