Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Group who pray/chant at the north end of the Beach

• 29-02-2012 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know anything about the small group of men and women who regularly have (I presume) religious ceremonies at the north end of the south beach, beside the breakwater ?

I think they are from somewhere in Africa; they usually come very early in the morning on Sundays and chant down by the water's edge, all in white robes.

I ask because last night right at midnight, they were there chanting around a fire for about an hour, and I'm interested in what religion they might be followers of.

I've never seen them there in the middle of the night before, and was also wondering if it being the 29th of february had any special meaning.

Ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

Which beach?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

D'oh, I forgot that this subforum covers all of Wicklow :)

It's the north beach in bray, up by the harbour wall.

VVV Sorry for being so dopey today, of course its the actually the North end of the south beach...VVVV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

The North Beach is the Shankill side of the harbour. Do you mean between the southern harbour wall and the groyne at the aquarium?

Evangelical Christians would be my guess.

Advertisement