Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sponsorship/WHV question

Options
  • 29-02-2012 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I am currently living in australia on my first WHV and i am working for a construction company in a regional area. I have been offered sponsorship by the company but i was wondering if I were to take this and decide to leave after say a year would i be eligible to apply for a second WHV( I would have completed my 88 days regional work during my first WHV) or would having taken a sponsorship visa eliminate me from getting the second WHV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

I think you are okay once you don't apply for it when on first
    *I think*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Roberteve wrote: »
    Hi sorry for hijacking your post put seemed like a good place to ask a question. This is my situation I'm on my 2nd Whv I have been offered sponsorship and really what to stay in Australia how ever I find the sponsorship visa very restricted and I can't get the skilled visa I'm happy to stay in Perth and work for the company for a coule of years but who knows how I'd feel after that if I'd like to move states or career. How long do u have to be on a sponsored visa before u can become a resident and be able to move about the country and to different employers. Cheers for any help
    Sponsorship is not a route to residency. You would need to apply for a skilled visa to get residency.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

You need to work 2 years at the company to avoid skills assessment - and the company must sponsor you, if you apply yourself then 457 won't be much use (apart from bonus points)

Advertisement