Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

loads of books - would charity shops want them?

Options
  • 29-02-2012 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

hi
    i am having a clear out of the house.
    have over 100 books which we dont need anymore - mostly fiction, and some college textbooks.
    are there any charity bookshops that like to get this sort of thing? living in dublin 3.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

mary1978 wrote: »
    hi
    have over 100 books which we dont need anymore - mostly fiction, and some college textbooks.
    are there any charity bookshops that like to get this sort of thing? living in dublin 3.
    thanks
    the biggest seller in charity shops are books

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Yes, as long as they are in decent enough condition that they can be sold on again.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Yep any shop would take them as long as they are in ok condition. Even if they're not the shop can just recycle them.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

Oxfam run a second hand book shop in Parliment Street . Maybe theyd even collect them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

OP, Oxfam also have a book shop in Rathmines but nearly all Oxfam shops (and other charity shops) will take them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Charity shops love books OP. The missus and myself used to rent and pretty much moved every year. We got fed up lugging around all our books so gave boxes of them to our local charity shop who were delighted.

If you can drop them in, they'll be glad to take them from you once they are in reasonable condition.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

See if your local school has a library - some have - they may take some of them if they are suitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

mary1978 wrote: »
    hi
    thanks

not sure what you call it but some folks leave a book behind for someone to pick up and take with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

spurious wrote: »
    See if your local school has a library - some have - they may take some of them if they are suitable.

That's a really good idea. Must keep that in mind for when I move.
    Fuinseog wrote: »
    not sure what you call it but some folks leave a book behind for someone to pick up and take with them.

Book crossing, I think it is. The Accents cafe off George's Street, and Fixx on Dawson Street (as far as I know) do it. Fixx have some sort of small drop off box. Probably won't take a hundred books, though.

Advertisement