Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CompTIA City Deal

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

was going to post this myself, for 100 euro I might just sign up. Seems like terrific value, esp with the windows 7, server+ and sec+ included.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Was going to sign up untill I read the fine print. I thought they paid for the exams :(

Fine Print
    Must redeem by 28 March 2012. Must start course by 28 May 2012.
    Limit 1 per redemption. May buy multiple as gifts. Valid from 6pm on Tue 6 March 2012 at 6pm. Redeem online at www.e-careers.com/promotion_registration.php?campaign=GR-UK-COMP7 using Groupon codes. External exams not included, includes certification of course completion only. Network+ exams must be completed by 31 August 2012.
    See the rules that apply to all deals.

Those who complete all aspects of the course will receive a certificate of completion as a CompTIA A+, Network+, Server+, and Security+ Certified Technician and can take exams to recognise achievements for an additional fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

The exams are the same price regardless of where you go. Training for 100 is a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

The exams are the same price regardless of where you go. Training for 100 is a good deal.

Considering a single course book would come in at around €30-€50 its a great deal if you intend to do a few of the exams.
    Think I might go for it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

for anyone that missed it before its back again

http://www.groupon.ie/deals/shannon-region/e-careers-com/3803727

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

This deal seems really good, looking on the Ecareers website, these courses would cost about £1000 - http://e-careers.com/category/comptia.html I'm tempted to sign up for it, has anyone already signed up and started it? Whats it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Norberto

Hi,
    I have enrolled for web master course with 22modul at e-Careers.
    My experiences so far, lessons, activities, exercises, questions are very easy.
    However could be good for a total beginner.
    Whole course actually worth 100 quid..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 swissguy

I'm studying for this exam and was wondering, how much this will improve my chance of getting a job in the IT fields.

braindumps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

swissguy wrote: »
    I'm studying for this exam and was wondering, how much this will improve my chance of getting a job in the IT fields.

braindumps

Depends what you already know and how high your expectations are. It will help you get an interview and after that it is up to your interview skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Did anyone end up picking up this deal?

Is it any good?
    Its back on Groupon again.

http://www.groupon.ie/deals/national-deals/e-Careerscom/8779873

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

I got it, but it doesnt become valid til tommorrow so voucher code isnt working yet. Seems like a good offer. I done a bit of a google on the company and their courses have mixed reviews. So hopefully its good. I will post back once ive had a chance to look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

just looking at this

The seven courses are:
    • Windows 7 Configuration
    • CompTIA A+ 220-701 Training Essentials
    • CompTIA A+ 220-702 Training for Practical Application
    • CompTIA Network+ 2009 N10-005, new course for 2012
    • CompTIA A+ 2009 for Windows 7 220-701 and 220-702, new course for 2012
    • CompTIA Server+ SKO-002
    • CompTIA Security+ SY0-301
    is it just me or does is have the 220-701 and the 220-702 in there twice so theres actually only 5 courses? or maybe is it a case that they have two courses that cover all the objectives for the 220-701 and two courses that cover all teh objectives for the 220-702 exam?

Advertisement