Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Phone Do You Have??

Options
  • 29-02-2012 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭

Think it would be fun to have a thread of what phone do you have?

What phone do you have?

Why do you like it?

What do use it for?

What do you wish it was able to do?

PLEASE NO NEGATIVE COMMENTS.

Point of this is to have a bit of fun and get an insight of what other people use or find some hidden gems in certain phones.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2.

I use it mainly for the internet, youtube, twitter that kind of thing. I think it is a fantastic phone, with so many apps to choose from. The screen is brilliant and I love the way Samsung phones operate.

The only annoyance I have found so far is the incall volume is low so I have to manually alter the settings but of course if I reboot the phone, I lose the settings and have to do it all over again.... small price to pay for such a fab phone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Galaxy S2 also, mostly use for Internet camera social networking and texts....calls, what are they? Only downside is weight. I'd much rather a phone like that be a bit more weighty and solid feeling

• Registered Users Posts: 28,218 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Motorola Atrix, like it because it's not an iphone/s2 and is built with Gorilla Glass, finger print technology means nobody is getting inside my phone besides me. Battery is the best i've had on any smartphone (2days). It does some other cool stuff but I won't brag.

Motorola Atrix, like it because it's not an iphone/s2 and is built with Gorilla Glass, finger print technology means nobody is getting inside my phone besides me. Battery is the best i've had on any smartphone (2days). It does some other cool stuff but I won't brag.

Do brag!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jay phelan

I've got a Sony Ericsson X8

I do like it especially because it's Android, I use it mainly for general mobile things ie. texting, phonecalls. I also really like having the WIFI because I am a big internet nerd.

I love Sony Ericsson for music, I think they have brilliant music capabilities and that's a must when I purchase a phone.

The only negatives is the battery which nowadays on smartphones you'll have a down point and I thought the camera would have been a bit better.

Good little phone for cheap though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Yawlboy

Iphone 4 for work and an S2 with ICS for personal use. Both are fantastic devices.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Think it would be fun to have a thread of what phone do you have?

What phone do you have?

Galaxy S2

Why do you like it?

The screen is the best screen I've ever seen on a phone, it takes absolutely stunning pictures/video.

What do use it for?

Mostly internet/facebook, checking football scores, reading the news.

Work properly ALL the time, I find the internet times out a LOT, I do miss buttons also as I can never type as fast on a touchscreen as I could with physical buttons. It's doing a new thing now where I plug it in via USB to my laptop and its recognised but the second you try and browse folders from the laptop it crashes the phone and it restarts, so can't get photo's off it or put music on it, tried it on different computers too. Hard reset didn't even do the trick.

Its' got its problems.

PLEASE NO NEGATIVE COMMENTS.

Point of this is to have a bit of fun and get an insight of what other people use or find some hidden gems in certain phones.

[mod snip]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

What phone do you have? HTC Sensation

Why do you like it? Many reasons: It's HTC, It's Android, I love Sense (plain Android does nothing for me), fine big screen, nice to hold, weighty and not too thin

What do use it for? Using Opera Mini, Gmail, Alarm clock, Calendar / Reminders, updating MyFitnessPal, as a camera, Facebook, maps now and again.

What do you wish it was able to do? Last a week without needing a charge. OK, a few days then? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,540 ✭✭✭✭fits

What phone do you have? Omnia 7 16GB

Why do you like it? Truly easy to use. So fluid, beautiful interface. Just a very easy phone. Takes lovely photos.

What do you use it for? music player, Camera, video, facebook, email, web browsing, maps, calendar,

What do you wish it was able to do? Maps could be a lot better, update facebook in the background rather than seeing new notifications on me tile and then waiting for them to download. Would like drag and drop as well, I do find zune unwieldy though not near as bad as itunes.

Also wherever I am, data reception is rubbish but thats not the phone's fault. must switch networks..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

What phone do you have?
    Sony Xperia Play

Why do you like it?
    It has a Playstation Controller in it! Its great, Im using it for old Gameboy games at the moment. Pokemon Silver and Zelda Four Seasons ftw! Also love the Android market and amount of stuff there.

What do use it for?
    Everything, but not so much internet. More games, calls, text, and an alarm with the Sleep app.

Play more games, and had a better interface. Waiting on ICS :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

iPhone 4, Samsung Galaxy S II and Nokia Lumia 800.

All bases covered ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

Samsung%20Galaxy%20Europa%20i5500%20inhand%20front-420-100.jpg

and also this antique

Motorola-V535--V550--E550--V545.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Guess its my turn

What phone do you have?

HTC Titan

Why do you like it?

Cause its a tank of a phone in size and built quality, its fast fluid and reliable

I'm a pretty hard-core user and the Titan does have really good battery life, but id wish I could get a Windows Phone with Droid Razor Maxx like battery battery to get me through for a couple or more days like back when I had the 5800 :)

I think any smartphone user would love that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

What phone do you have?
    BlackBerry 9900

Why do you like it?
    Because of it's rock solid email system and the ability to do things quickly and efficiently on it as opposed to other phone makes I've tried. It's lovely physical keyboard

What do use it for?
    Email, SMS, Calls, Tethering, Taking pictures, Social networking via twitter and managing a blog with wordpress app

Longer battery life (currently a day and a half), A bit more speed

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I have a Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY. I use it for calls, texts, internet, alarm, camera, games and music. I wish it had a longer battery life and more games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭EmatoelDiablo

HTC Wildfire S. For 130e I couldn't have chosen better! Sense is fantastically smooth and reading web pages isn't like staring into the sun!

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

Iphone 4s 64GB
    .....held off buying an iphone until a decent size was launched.
    ,,.....I was religiously a €20 pm prepay nokia until december but now on bill using about half my monthly allowance of calls texts and data.find the internet on the go a great job though and the free hotspot feature very handy as well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Good stuff.

Keep them coming. I know there's a lot of threads of people asking for phone recommendations.

So something like this would help them to read or search just once thread to find what people like and what do they use and what do they do with it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Woow_Aqualung

I had an LG GT540, but I am now the proud user of a Nokia 3510i :D

250px-Nokia3510i.jpg

Why I like it? It calls, it texts, I charged it a week ago and it's still kicking :P Also I'm not checking twitter every 5 minutes, but that's a failing on my part.

If I were to buy a new phone, I'd be looking for something with ICS, or, at least, plenty of interest from XDA Developer. Though, Windows Phone 7 does look interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Nokia C7. Good phone, great camera. It does everything i want it too, a third of the price of an iphone. I use it for gmail, YouTube, ebay, donedeal, downloading movies, Music player that transmits to a radio( which is handy for the car). Battery is alright. Downside is limited apps in Nokia Ovi store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

What phone do you have?
    Nokia 6400
    nokia-6300-yahoo.jpg

Why do you like it?
    I like the metal finish and think it looks good. It's four years old, have survived many knocks. I've had it four years and I think I'll have it another few years too

What do use it for?
    Text, talk, alarm clock and the odd time on the internet but it's not a smartphone so it's painful reading sites like boards on it. It can be done but that's not so important to me. I'd only use the internet for checking things like football scores when I'm out shopping around town

Easier to use internet but for that I need a newer phone.
    Not important to me so I'm keeping it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

What phone do you have?

Samsung Galaxy S2

Why do you like it?

Screen size, quality of the screen display, the amount of apps on the Market, camera, easy to use interface, the amount of customisation options available

What do use it for?

Calls, texts, browsing the internet, social networking mainly

Stay on for longer!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Diamond_Ninja

I had a HTC Wildfire S until it was stolen in a nightclub in Carlow last week!

It was the best phone I've ever owned and I cant wait to save up enough to get a new one! In the meantime, I bought a Samsung Pebble, 25 quid,very basic but it does the job for now!

God I miss my HTC :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

HTC sensation.
    I've had mobile phones & blackberries & whatnot over the last 15 years or so, and this is the first one that I actually enjoy using.

It has all the good androidy appy stuff etc . They got some simple things very wrong though.

- The camera image quality is OK for a phone, but it is soo awkward to use. When I use it I find myself hitting the touchscreen, zooming, or whatnot when I dont want to. Really needs a clicky button to fire the shutter.

- Phone is only OK. sometimes when I pick up a call it barfs. Hangs up automatically or something.

- Needs a quick button thingy to enable/disable screen autorotate.

- overall is fast & responsive
    - I get 24hrs from a charge (just about)

- voice recognition thingy is a gimmick.

- My previous HTC sensation was stolen in November. I had it loaded up with gmail/facebook/ebay/apps/whatnot - spent 30 mins in an internet cafe changing about 15 passwords

- so now, i dont use all the features available (this, ofc, applies to any smartphone...)

- i think my next phone will be an apple, it deals with the niggles mentioned above.

- having said that, i have never had to buy one! if I did, i'd get a cheapo/disposable yoke...

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

LG Prada 3.0 LOVE IT! BUT I'm getting an Xperia S as soon as its out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or59bW7UcEc&list=UUeNE0jYgVNWoL1PpGs2lkQw&index=1&feature=plcp

Here's my review!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

HTC Desire HD. I liked it at the start but just getting bored of it now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

HTC Radar

As a longtime android user im totally converted over to windows phones.
    Its a lot faster than my old phone HTC Desire [which is no slouch]
    Everything is just easy to get to,takes superb photos and videos.
    Screen image quality is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Nokia lumia 800.

The design is amazing, love the wp7 tile setup and that I can change the colour scheme of it and take stuff off it and put songs, contacts, Facebook profiles, games and apps onto it. Its sooo easy to use, the internet is really fast, the phone is very easy to hold as the screen size isn't overly large. The camera is great, it seems to attract criticism as its not equal to a standalone camera but it is still really good, 8mp, and so easy to upload photos to another media. Love the amoled screen and the fact the back is made from a non slippery surface. I find Zune easy to use. I love a phone that looks amazing and this fits the bill, mine is also pink as I hate black phones. It also makes it very easy to spot straightaway when im looking for it. onscreen keyboard very easy to use and I find I make very few mistakes compared to using an iPhone.

I use it for calling, texting, internet, email, games, music and apps.

The only flaw I have with it is the battery. Its pretty bad. However I have heard the next updates will really help with this.

I can't think of anything I want the phone to do that it doesn't already. The lack of ffc and tethering doesn't bother me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

What phone do you have?
    HTC Titan

Why do you like it?
    Screen size is just immense (All other phones just looks soooo tiny now), quality of the screen display, it just runs WP7 so smooth.

What do use it for?
    Everything! Calls, SMS, e-mail, track TV schedules, movie releases, games, I could go on!

I would say battery but that's only because I am a heavy user. But it lasts longer than the iPhone I used to have .

Advertisement