Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Phone Do You Have??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

What phone do you have?
    Samsung Galaxy S 2 , Dell Streak 5, Nokia N900, Nokia C7

Why do you like it?
    Android (Samsung) 5'' Screen (Dell), Maemo/Linux (N900), NFC/build quality (Nokia C7)

What do use it for?
    Main phone (Samsung), Youtube vids/internet on couch (Dell), Maemo/Linux testing (N900), Backup Phone (Nokia C7)

What do you wish it was able to do?
    One Phone that could do all.

Wish List: Samsung Galaxy S 3

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭AlmostCared

What phone do you have?

Recently changed from iPhone 3GS to the Samsung Galaxy Note

Why do you like it?

The huge 5.3 inch screen is amazing. I love the vividness of the screen and how easy it is to view media on the screen. Battery life is amazing for a huge phone, but then again it comes with a huge battery. Yet it lasts two days with moderate/heavy usage.

What do use it for?

Facebook, Twitter, Email, Texting, YouTube etc etc.

Have the same range of high quality apps the Apple Appstore has. The one thing I don't like about this phone is the lack of decent Apps on the android market. I found this problem with all android phones. Any previous iOS users notice this lack?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Have the same range of high quality apps the Apple Appstore has. The one thing I don't like about this phone is the lack of decent Apps on the android market. I found this problem with all android phones. Any previous iOS users notice this lack?

I am not an iOS user but what I like the most is that I don't have to buy any apps from the market in comparison to what it seems, you have to buy nearly every app on the Apple Store. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Vahevala wrote: »
    I am not an iOS user but what I like the most is that I don't have to buy any apps from the market in comparison to what it seems, you have to buy nearly every app on the Apple Store. :)

Is that not even a slight exaggeration?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Is that not even a slight exaggeration?

No, I believe most people have to pay at least 79 cent for an app. Anyway, I wouldn't use Apple. I hate them... I love my phone and love android.

Surely it is an exaggeration to claim that there isn't high quality app's in android either? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,008 ✭✭✭opus

What phone do you have?
    HTC Desire & Nokia N82

Why do you like it?
    Desire does most things - calls, texts, email, web, gps, internet radio, podcasts, music, list goes on.

What do use it for?
    Desire is the main phone, use the N82 for radio/podcasts when jogging

Slightly bigger screen & better battery life

Wish List:
    Samsung Galaxy S 3
    HTC One

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

What phone do you have?
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Why do you like it?
    Massive screen, Android 4.0 being the main ones

What do use it for?
    Usual calls/texts, internet on the move, email, use it to look over college notes/presentations on the move. Netflix on it is pretty sweet

better battery life and better camera i suppose

Wish List:
    Samsung Galaxy S 3 looks the real deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Sham Courtney

What phone do you have?
    HTC Amaze 4G

Why do you like it?
    Very quick, very stylish (I think) and the camera is brilliant!!!

What do use it for?
    I use it all the time, socially and work

Better battery life

Wish List:
    HTC One

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

What phone do you have?
    Nokia Lumia 800

Why do you like it?
    Just works extremely well, the whole OS is a fresh change from the icon style.

What do use it for?
    Pretty much everything but mostly, emails, games (I'm addited to Fragger :D) and Facebook. I love how the chat is integrated into the phone.

Voip, so I could setup my blueface account on it. Other than that I'm very happy with it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭mickser42

google nexus s

use it for calls texts email tethering camera music and apps

absolutely love this phone and it was the one that got me to switch from blackberry

battery life could be better

galaxy nexus is in my sights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

What phone do you have? HTC Desire S is my main. I've a SE W995 that sits on a shelf in the apartment with my Irish sim for staying in touch with people at home

Why do you like it? I've had the Hero, Legend, Desire and now Desire S. It's the perfect alrounder for me. While not a huge jump from the original Desire, the extra memory and the refined design (i still think it's one of the most aesthetically appealing smartphones available) made the jump an easy decision - the Sensation/GSII are just too big for me and I don't geek around with them as much anymore to warrant the extra specification

What do use it for? The usual, browsing, calls, texts, emails, maps, music etc. One thing I've started doing with it regularly is reading books, FBreader is easily my most used app at present

What do you wish it was able to do? Predict lotto number :confused:
    Better camera perhaps but that would be knit-picking

there ya go, answers in red

Advertisement