Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to turn off motion sensor alarm in DVR

Options
  • 29-02-2012 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭

As per the title wondering how do i turn off the alarm/buzzer which sounds from my H.264 DVR which i have in the kitchen and find really annoying when it sounds once the camera detects motion outside. Have tried to follow the instructions in the manual but the only way i can get it to work without the alarm is to have it recording constant. Any help appreciated Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

each DVR is different, but normally it is in recording option. it asks if alarm detection is on/off and select off or motion detection alarm it maybe called and select off...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Digger is right. Motion record should never be set up on an external camera.
    If you do want to I use it limit it to a very small area of the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

amber2 wrote: »
    As per the title wondering how do i turn off the alarm/buzzer which sounds from my H.264 DVR which i have in the kitchen and find really annoying when it sounds once the camera detects motion outside. Have tried to follow the instructions in the manual but the only way i can get it to work without the alarm is to have it recording constant. Any help appreciated Thank you.

What type DVR is it? Motion detection on outside cameras is not a great set up. They will still be changes and movement that the cameras will pick up on, such as environmental changes objects moving. I know it will save space on the hard drive but fitting a bigger Hard drive will give you more recording capacity.

Advertisement