Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

so was there ever a resulotion to the meteor/emobile/4S data fiasco?

• 29-02-2012 12:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭

So, with increased regularity my 4s i not allowing a 3g connection, even though theres plenty of signal. my only solution is to power cycle the phone. It has only irked me enough to call emobile twice since oct 28th, where after a bit of pushing they reset my data profile (first time) and "did something with diverts that shouldnt have been there" (second time) but now its happening everyday.

after reading the last thread about it, it seems to me that its an emobile problem, but only when the sim is in a 4s. could anyone confirm this? i've been onto apple and have said the same to them, and asked if there was any way to unlock to phone to prove my theory (use another network sim) but was told that the network must unlock my phone. emobile say they cant (or wont) unlock my phone and the apple rep said they cant say that, and that they can, and in this instance should!

I really need to get to the root of the problem so i can target either apple or emobile for a fix.

has anyone had any joy?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Mine is the exact same, I've found it's when I leave a wifi network that it just won't connect to the 3G network even tho it's got 5 bars of signal...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

yep, thats my exact problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

meteor and emobile customers will have this problem as they belong to each other

i have a 4s since 6th December and i have the exact same problems and ive sent it back to Crapple twice 1st time they replace the handset no bother now i only got it back again yesterday and they sent my hand set back and said they could not find fault with it so there ya go its a network issue

i only read up on this issue after i got the phone and had problems id never of bought the ****ing thing if id a known any of this..they claim they cant unlock it and they say its not the sims which i believe it is

so i will know if mine is ok in a couple of hours will let you know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭BeeDI

moggser wrote: »
    meteor and emobile customers will have this problem as they belong to each other

i have a 4s since 6th December and i have the exact same problems and ive sent it back to Crapple twice 1st time they replace the handset no bother now i only got it back again yesterday and they sent my hand set back and said they could not find fault with it so there ya go its a network issue

i only read up on this issue after i got the phone and had problems id never of bought the ****ing thing if id a known any of this..they claim they cant unlock it and they say its not the sims which i believe it is

so i will know if mine is ok in a couple of hours will let you know

Ireland! Land of saints and scholars and the "smart economy":rolleyes:

In the smart economy, you would expect the mobile network providers to be at the cutting edge.
    What have we got. Meteor and E Mobile who cannot get iPhone 4 to work on their networks:(
    O2 who offer Crap Data Allowances, and who are permanently out of stock of iPhones.:(

Then there is Vodafone ............... their history of network compatability with iPhone, is pretty damp also:(

Smart economy, my aarrse:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Norderburse

I had this problem with a 4S on Meteor - mobile data just wouldn't work, tried all the usual troubleshooting including a full restore in iTunes, made absolutely no difference. Called into a Meteor store on the recommendation of customer service and they swapped my SIM, that was 6 weeks or so ago and I haven't had the problem since....might be worth trying!

• Advertisement
Advertisement