Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best 'fancy' restaurants in Dublin for a date

Options
  • 29-02-2012 1:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭

Any suggestions on a good posh restuarant in Dublin to take someone. Somewhere you would feel comfortable wearing a suit. Out to impress and all that:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

La Beurgeur King!!

Or

Shanahans is a nice treat!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Chapter One, One Pico, Thornton's, L'Ecrivain: top nosh all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

Marco white, fire, tiger becs, saba, unicorn, any of the 5 star hotels, morrison, chatham brasserie, endless amount really.

Try www.menupages.ie nearly 1500 dublin restaraunts! After london, Dublin has the most restaurants of any city in the uk and ireland. So choice should never be an issue :-)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Locks Brasserie in Portobello, get a seat upstairs by the window if possible. Swans passing on the Canal, candlelight, fine dinning, a lovely spot for a date.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Locks Brasserie in Portobello, get a seat upstairs by the window if possible. Swans passing on the Canal, candlelight, fine dinning, a lovely spot for a date.

I go jogging past their the odd night and it doesn't seem to be open that much anymore, definitely the shutters have been down on the last 3 times in the last week I've passed it at 10.45/11pm when it used to be still just shutting up every other week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

I go jogging past their the odd night and it doesn't seem to be open that much anymore, definitely the shutters have been down on the last 3 times in the last week I've passed it at 10.45/11pm when it used to be still just shutting up every other week.

hanging around the canal at nighttime gav:pac:

op, id recommend chapter one as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

If it's super fancy Chapter One has to be your man.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

Another vote for Chapter One, best food in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 27,324 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Dax is definitely worth trying. http://www.dax.ie/home.html Went there on Valentines day and it was amazing.

La Maison on Castle Market Street.

Most memorable meal I've had in a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭fj1200

Another thumbs up for Chapter One. Excellent food and service. Better than Shanahans in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

what do you consider "fancy" OP ?

Personally I wouldn't recommend Chapter One for a "date" (especially if its first date)

This is more of a place for a very special occasion like an anniversary (I haven't been to any of the other michelin star places but i'd imagine the same applies..theyre not really casual dining places where you can get to know someone.. its all about the food ,the wine,the service.. and the price! )

I mean where can you bring your date once you've brought them to chapter one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Get a booth in Pearl Brasserie, Locke's sister restaurant - very romantic ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Jev/N wrote: »
    Get a booth in Pearl Brasserie, Locke's sister restaurant - very romantic ;)

One of the most pretentious restaurants I've ever been to.

The Lunch and Pre Theatre menus at Chapter One are cracking value.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Went past it tonight and it was opened, must just be Monday and Tuesday it doesn't open late.

cson wrote: »
    One of the most pretentious restaurants I've ever been to.

Had a great meal there, can't really fault it beyond some very minor things

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I mean where can you bring your date once you've brought them to chapter one
    Guilbaud's, obviously :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Jev/N wrote: »
    Had a great meal there, can't really fault it beyond some very minor things

The food was good, the atmosphere not to my liking.

cson wrote: »
    The food was good, the atmosphere not to my liking.

Ah right. Well I can't really argue on that point as I wasn't in the main restaurant. We took one of the booths to the right as you come in. For me, that was great for a date/night out anyway as you're away from the hustle and bustle.

Advertisement