Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bringing a european device to USA

Options
  • 29-02-2012 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

Hi guys - i have a galaxy nexus phone with a charger that says 100-240 50 hz which i know wont wonrk in the USA as i need the 60hz i believe. However the phone will charge with another charger i have which is rated 100-240 50/60. My question is if i use this alternative charger in the USA would i be likely to damage the phone as the original charger is only rated 50hz?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

I have plugged in devices (DS, 3DS, MacBooks, HTC Desire (with a simple USB plug), Sony camcorder, shuttle PC, tablet) all around the world and never paid attention to the Hz rating to be honest as long as the charger says it's 100-240V it should be fine. The alternative charger should be OK, if it charges the phone in Ireland then it will charge the phone in the US. The charger converts whatever voltage and frequency it gets to the correct one for the phone so as long as the phone gets it's 5V DC it won't care what it's plugged into.

http://wikitravel.org/en/Electrical_systems#Frequency_.28Hz.29

Advertisement