Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dress shopping Limerick

• 29-02-2012 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Hi - am looking for advice on where to shop in Limerick. I'm not from there, but am meeting my sister there this weekend to go shopping.

We're looking for a dress for a dinner dance, so we're not really looking for high street shops, but would still like a place that isn;t going to break the bank!

All suggestions greatly appreciated!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Some place like Helena Modes on Roches Street or Pamela Scotts, think they are only in the Cresent Shopping Centre these days but open to correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Pinklegs

Imasa beside George Hotel is a fab boutique.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

bazz26 wrote: »
    Some place like Helena Modes on Roches Street or Pamela Scotts, think they are only in the Cresent Shopping Centre these days but open to correction.

Pamela Scott is open in the city centre and have a large dress section. Definately check out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

If you are looking for a stunner of dress for a dinner dance that won't break the bank, make sure you head to Be Fabulous, he will sort you out. Will O'Brien is his name.

The shop is on Shannon street, just off O'Connell street, turn right at Leavy's shoes.

He is a really nice guy and will look after you to the best of his ability, he started out the shop selling second hand designer gear, but lately he is stocking tons of new fab evening dresses. I work in the same street as him, and from the shameless plug for his shop you can tell I know him well and I also know he just got loads of new stock. If you check out Celia holmans Lee's slot on morning am, monday morning this week you can see some of his stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Big +1 on Be Fabulous! Will is amazing :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

it may sound silly to some people but Upper William St have some charity shops who do have some beautiful dresses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Sera wrote: »
    it may sound silly to some people but Upper William St have some charity shops who do have some beautiful dresses

There is one on Roches Street as well that seems to have nice dresses in the window, will check the name tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Be Faboulous or Imasa from what I've seen from work today :P

Or pennys! Can never beat pennys! :)

Birdie086 wrote: »
    There is one on Roches Street as well that seems to have nice dresses in the window, will check the name tomorrow.
    Is it beside Moody Cow? that one is the new LAW shop, it's lovely inside there and they've two near the station but only 1 is clothes I think.

could check The Edge in the Market too, sometimes they've lovely stuff and not usually too dear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 sallyr

Would second imasa great clothes, great quality and brilliant sales.

Advertisement