Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Fantasy Football Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

roryc wrote: »
    Because either we have one thread on the soccer forum, or a seperate forum with as many threads as people want. Its pointless moving the discussion away from soccer and then trying to limit the number of threads. It'll just be a diluted version of the soccer thread.

Who said I wanted to limit the number of threads? I pointed out that the number of different threads was wrecking my head. You felt the need to post a smart remark about that so I responded and explained my comment.

I find it hypocritical to be honest that you'd moan about getting a new forum and that it ruined the soccer thread but then post a smart remark to someone who makes the same point.

I'll leave it at that to be honest because I'm not going to get dragged into your usual crap. PM me if you want an argument. No point annoying others on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Lemlin wrote: »
    PM me if you want an argument.

34fikk0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

As far as I can see the new forum seems to have created more problems that it solved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Pissed off over that weekend 26 points dropped about 30 places in the Boards league and lost in my head to head match as well.

Ended up with no captain two players with no points and two players with minus points :pac:. So overall worst week ive had all season easily.

Team needs a big bit of work done to it least i have two free transfers.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

I now firmly believe that both Mancini and the BP people are working together to get me off the top of the league. I have irrefutable proof! :pac:

In an attempt to fight the power of Mancini, I have made my team 2 City players lighter. That'll show'em!

For me, now is the time to go from a team of blue Manchester players to red Manchester players. Can't deny United have a better run of fixtures, and adding that to their usual end of season record, it has to be done.

RE: Arguments on Boards. It's naive to think they're caused by post content, rather than the actual poster. Every time one "non-cliquey" poster gets stuck in one, I bet you'll find several members make the same points previous, but get left alone. It's rarely what's said, but who says it that warrants people having a go at them.

roryc wrote: »
    34fikk0.jpg

Images don't show on my PC so your reply is lost to me to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Images don't show on my PC so your reply is lost to me to be honest.

Get a new PC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Will Sess's price drop or is he "protected"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Not sure if any of you know of any fantasy football apps for iphone but I've been looking for one for ages. I finally found out about one in the comments on FFS, it's called Fantasy Football Manager. A few come up when you type it in so it’s got a red banner in with “FFM” in it over a ball with a light blue back round. It costs 99c but it seems really good. I'll definitely get plenty of use out of it. Anyway, just thought I'd let you all know.

/thinly-veiled 'I have an iphone' comment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Not sure if any of you know of any fantasy football apps for iphone but I've been looking for one for ages. I finally found out about one in the comments on FFS, it's called Fantasy Football Manager. A few come up when you type it in so it’s got a red banner in with “FFM” in it over a ball with a light blue back round. It costs 99c but it seems really good. I'll definitely get plenty of use out of it. Anyway, just thought I'd let you all know.

Is FF Buddy only for Android?

I use it religiously, even bought the premium version to support the bloke, and it's brilliant

I wrote a comment on the EP forum about how it didn't complete a transfer for me one time, and the guy who created it, signed up, and sent me a pm to figure out exactly what the problem was

can't beat that

• Advertisement

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Is FF Buddy only for Android?

I use it religiously, even bought the premium version to support the bloke, and it's brilliant

I wrote a comment on the EP forum about how it didn't complete a transfer for me one time, and the guy who created it, signed up, and sent me a pm to figure out exactly what the problem was

can't beat that

Yeah FF Buddy is only for Android. It's a pity though, I've only heard good things about it.

It fooked up my transfers at the weekend there. Made two on Friday night and it told me as usual it was confirmed..... Come Saturday i go to check my score and transfers where never completed !!!

So just be careful.

It fooked up my transfers at the weekend there. Made two on Friday night and it told me as usual it was confirmed..... Come Saturday i go to check my score and transfers where never completed !!!

So just be careful.

Which was that for, FFM or FF Buddy?

To be honest, I'll probably do all transfers from the laptop anyway as normal but the app will be handy for checking scores are the weekend as well as getting updates of goals, assists etc. instead of having to go to the website through the browser.

To be honest, I'll probably do all transfers from the laptop anyway as normal but the app will be handy for checking scores are the weekend as well as getting updates of goals, assists etc. instead of having to go to the website through the browser.

Ff buddy i think for android i forget i deleted it Saturday :pac:

tbf, I probably wouldn't rely on it for transfers

It has a brilliant little feature that lets you tot up exactly how your leagues are looking, in progress, during game weeks, so you don't have to wait for the game to update

For live scores, assists, etc, the best app I've seen is "fotmob soccer scores". You can choose to have it alarm you when something happens in any particular game (and I mean ANY, it covers a whole bunch of leagues), or you can simply use it to look up scores at your own leisure. You'll be up-do-date in a matter of seconds.

It's not FF related, but if you're only planning on getting updates, like you said, FotMob is definitely worth a look (free for Android, not sure about iPhone).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

They had it for free a few weeks ago got it then . Handy app

^^^^^l
    Livescore addicts is a good iPhone app for scores and assists team news and even goal highlights . It's free also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Siggurdsson abolutely dominated the game, scored two great goals and rightly received man of th ematch at the game and by every paper I checked today. That's worth 2 bonus points.

Caulker is part of a defense that got a clean sheet and played a junior soccer ball to Siggurdsson who the scores a wondergoal from 30 yards. That's worth 3 bonus points.

Anyways, 82 points this week which I'm very happy with it...mainly because both the lads above me in my money league scored half that.

Still in third but 90 and 75 point deficits (2 months ago) are now 8 and 2 points. Get in!!!

I hear you!

Just topped my friends & family league by 5 points after spending ages in the last 3, only 6 in it lol, no money, pride at stake only.

9 points off the lead in 2nd in my paid league after being 100 behind in 4 th
    Around 6 weeks ago.

Happy Days :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

For phone APPS I use iFantasy Football, great app has never let me down yet.

Sitting pretty in 27th in the league now and top of my two money leagues.

Interesting weekend coming up....

• Advertisement

Zabaleta is out for 2 weeks with an injury Richards should start now I suppose .

Important email about fixture change from the PL sent today
    ob48p.jpg
    Link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

carlcon wrote: »
    For live scores, assists, etc, the best app I've seen is "fotmob soccer scores". You can choose to have it alarm you when something happens in any particular game (and I mean ANY, it covers a whole bunch of leagues), or you can simply use it to look up scores at your own leisure. You'll be up-do-date in a matter of seconds.

It's not FF related, but if you're only planning on getting updates, like you said, FotMob is definitely worth a look (free for Android, not sure about iPhone).

I use Fotmob and FF Buddy on Android and highly recommend both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Looks like Bale is well and truly back. Assisted each of Tottenhams 3 goals tonight

manual_man wrote: »
    Looks like Bale is well and truly back. Assisted each of Tottenhams 3 goals tonight

2. He didn't assist the first afaik. Hopefully it wasn't a mistake taking him out. He's back in my team in GW 33 regardless of what happens from now til then. I've planned the next 5-7 weeks already, so long as there are no injuries. :)

FatRat wrote: »

2. He didn't assist the first afaik. Hopefully it wasn't a mistake taking him out. He's back in my team in GW 33 regardless of what happens from now til then. I've planned the next 5-7 weeks already, so long as there are no injuries. :)

Nope was def all 3. Also shuddered the crossbar with a 25 yarder. Think that's made my mind up who I'll be playing between him and Dempsey this weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

SkySter wrote: »
    I use Fotmob and FF Buddy on Android and highly recommend both.
    what exactly can you do with fotmob?

FatRat wrote: »
    does your girlfriend not give you grief about not spending enough time with her?

shangri la wrote: »
    what exactly can you do with fotmob?

To quote;
    The best LIVE-coverage available. News feed, tables and much more.
    Over 2 million downloads for the best soccer/football app available! In-app purchase removes ads and gives push alerts.
    Featuring:
    * Livescores with alerts
    * Match stats (lineup, stats, goals, cards, penalties, missed penalties, assists and substitutions)
    * Tables
    * Fixtures
    * News (league news and club news)
    * Topscorers
    * Favorite teams
    Coverage of:
    * Premier League
    * Championship
    * League 1 & 2
    * Conference
    * Eredivisie
    * Bundesliga
    * 2. & 3. Bundesliga
    * Serie A
    * Serie B
    * La Liga (Liga BBVA)
    * MLS (Major League Soccer)
    * Europa League
    * Champions League
    * Euro 2012
    * Ligue 1
    * Mexican league
    * Scottish Premier League
    * Allsvenskan
    * Superettan
    * Tippeligaen
    * Adeccoligaen
    * and most other football/soccer leagues. Missing one? Ask us!
    No affiliation with BBC, Sky Sports or ESPN.
    Club news for clubs like Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Barcelona, Juventus, FC Bayern München, Borussia Dortmund, Inter, Liverpool and others.

Source

Basically, you can either independently use it to search around on match day, or you can simply pick out individual games you're interested in and have it buzz you whenever there's a goal/sending off/etc. It also tells you who gave the assist, which is always handy. And alerts come within seconds of the event occurring.

To quote;

Source Basically, you can either independently use it to search around on match day, or you can simply pick out individual games you're interested in and have it buzz you whenever there's a goal/sending off/etc. It also tells you who gave the assist, which is always handy. And alerts come within seconds of the event occurring.
    just getting a smartphone for the gps feature. Will miss the brick.

How much will the use of this app cost?

To quote;

Source Basically, you can either independently use it to search around on match day, or you can simply pick out individual games you're interested in and have it buzz you whenever there's a goal/sending off/etc. It also tells you who gave the assist, which is always handy. And alerts come within seconds of the event occurring.

2 quid for gold (lifetime) membership

• Advertisement

To quote;

Free for Android. I just got it to see how well it worked, so didn't bother with the Pro version. I've tested it out three GWs now without a hitch. Next time Im out and about and need to use it, I'll upgrade it to Pro for a couple of dollars.

You should just give the free version a shot. And then if you like it, upgrade.

Gonna go with this for the weekend DropBox#5717538252647501538

Hoping some of my differentials like Surman and Ireland can help me catch up a bit

And Bogdan of course :pac:

Hoping some of my differentials like Surman and Ireland can help me catch up a bit

I honestly cannot see why people are bringing in Bogdan. Easy fixtures or not, he's a terrible, terrible goalkeeper.

I honestly cannot see why people are bringing in Bogdan. Easy fixtures or not, he's a terrible, terrible goalkeeper.

It's coz he's the cheapest regular starting keeper... and he's actually a decent keeper, so there's always the chance for some extra points from saves. That said, I do want to get a keeper from a better team, but I had other transfers to prioritise so I'll worry about that later

does your girlfriend not give you grief about not spending enough time with her?

I use a thing called my brain. Amazingly, I can multitask and think about what I'm gonna do with my fantasy team will performing other tasks. For instance, last night before I went to sleep I mulled over a few things in FL for a few minutes in my head. The 5-7 weeks I've planned took about half an hour to do out just from looking at the transfers page on the FPL site. The 5-7 weeks of planning is safely stored in my brain, you'll be happy to know.

Maybe it's you that should be spending more time with your girlfriend (I'd be surprised if you have one based on the stuff I've read from you on this forum) instead of asking retarded questions like that?

What are people's opinions on Johnny Evans keeping his place for the rest of the season?

I can afford to bring him in after this gameweek for Danny Simpson

Giving me a backline of

Krul/Mig

Kompany/Enrique/BAE/Evans/Kelly

That'd be me set at the back for the rest of the season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Kompany off injured there. Looks like a groin/calf injury.

Likely to miss a few weeks. Bad for City, they are far less solid without him.

Vincent Kompany went off injured a few mins ago with a Calf strain supposedly . Might be of interest to a few for the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    What are people's opinions on Johnny Evans keeping his place for the rest of the season?

He's first choice at the moment and that's unlikely to change between now and the end of the season imo.

He really is astonishing value, especially with United's fixtures over the next several weeks. Anybody serious about the game should have, or get him in tbh.

Blatter wrote: »
    He's first choice at the moment and that's unlikely to change between now and the end of the season imo.

He really is astonishing value, especially with United's fixtures over the next several weeks. Anybody serious about the game should have, or get him in tbh.

This

Can't ignore him anymore

Will get him in asap

• Advertisement

Vincent Kompany went off injured a few mins ago with a Calf strain supposedly . Might be of interest to a few for the weekend

Early reports from City saying 10 days.

Richards didn't play at all today. Gael clichy even moved to RB instead of him. A LB playing in his position? Has he lost his place altogether or what? If it was his injury keeping him out today then he should be pretty much nailed on for Sat imo. But this is definitely his last week. The only thing making me keep him is that Zabaleta is out. Also kompany definitely missing the game this Weekend I'd say so Richards could be a differential if he plays. Swansea are chronic when it comes to scoring so Man city should be keeping a clean sheet this weekend even without Kompany.

Rooney on the scoresheet twice tonight. The man's form is unreal atm. A must for the coming weeks imo. Especially since they get a penalty per game nearly. 1 of his tonight was from the spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

I reckon Richards hammy is f'ucked or he did something serious to p'iss off Mancini

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I usually use 3 defenders but have BAE, Shawcross, Lescott, Enrique and Raylor to choose from :( Might go with 4 this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Green Brigade

Anyone taking a punt on Suarez with the double week? Im getting rid of Agguero and was wondering what people think?

kennyb3 wrote: »
    I reckon Richards hammy is f'ucked or he did something serious to p'iss off Mancini

He's back for Sunday. Mancini confirmed he didn't want to risk him yesterday with Zab injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

have 2 free transfers this week and thinking of using one of them to bring in a Liverpool or Everton player.
    Thinking C. Adam does he still take spot kicks and frees?

Anyone else others would consider?

Thanos wrote: »
    have 2 free transfers this week and thinking of using one of them to bring in a Liverpool or Everton player.

Bellamy has been taking frees and Kuyt took the last Peno against Arsenal .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I think they're still looking for the ball from Charlie Adam's last penalty :D

Buy Kyut missed one last week so maybe Suarez will get the nod ;)

• Advertisement

Mr Moon wrote: »

I think they're still looking for the ball from Charlie Adam's last penalty :D

Buy Kyut missed one last week so maybe Suarez will get the nod ;)

I think it ended up in Goodison Park :(

Seriously tho, Stevie G is 100% the peno taker when it matters, if he's not on the pitch it's anyone's ball

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement