Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2012 in-take

Options
  • 29-02-2012 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭

Got the email last week with the invite :) only thing is when i applied, training was at the weekend, and now it over a 2 week period with a number of other days off needed. Had to ring and pull out today :( its 15 or 16 days of annual leave to take. I only get 20 per year. I wanted to do it, but not that much. Anyone else have same trouble? 19 months of waiting for that

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭robo008

Yeah phase 2 is going to be difficult. I almost had to decline the invitation as I'am in college. Phase 2 starts the week college starts back after the Easter break. Then I have to be in Templemore for two weeks when there is just three weeks of college left till exams. Very annoying as I will just have had two weeks off college, but its obviously done after easter because of bank holiday etc.

I have told all the lecturers abou it and mixed reactions. However I am going ahead with the training. Its just going to be one hell of a juggling act! Also phase 3 starts just before my exams.... Phase 4 starts the day my exams start. (Luckily you have 10 weeks to complete) I'm going ahead as joining the gards is all I have ever wanted to do. Nobody said it was going to be easy! Just fortunate that I am not in my final year!

However I can understand just how difficult Phase 2 will be for people in full time employment, and I dont think its fair. This is voluntary after all...... We have to make a living somehow......

Advertisement