Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paypal sandbox testing

Options
  • 29-02-2012 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

Has anyone experience with this?
    I tried setting up a sandbox merchant/buyer account, to test a purchase but the thing is so buggy that half way through creating your BUY button, it logs you out and direct you to the normal paypal login.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Placebo wrote: »
    Has anyone experience with this?
    I tried setting up a sandbox merchant/buyer account, to test a purchase but the thing is so buggy that half way through creating your BUY button, it logs you out and direct you to the normal paypal login.

Yeah I used it a while back. Had no problems with it myself except for one time when there was a problem with international accounts, but this was documented and resolved fairly quickly.

It certainly shouldn't be redirecting you to the main website.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

il give it another go, cheers. seems very buggy [opens in a popup and has this cheap header that reads TEST and then some of the css isnt activated]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I don't like the way they've set it up, having to do a fake login as a dummy user which is separate to your seller account... needing to fill in dummy credit card details, which I had to google for (why they can't just pre-fill this with a valid dummy number is beyond me).
    Stick with it though, you just have to jump through hoops.

il give it another go, i just wanted to test download of my digital product upon payment. Right now im just linking it directly as a return/confirm url, which is pretty much the most lose/hacked piece of work :pac:

Well you could use paypal instant payment notification (IPN), which is a script that sits on your webserver, when a sale goes through, paypal hits it and there's a little back and forth exchange to validate. Then you can unlock the product for a user / email it from your end / generate some unique token & url.
    It's a bit code intensive (though the sample is enough to get you started), but the route least involving the horrors of the paypal sandbox. (you've probably noticed the IPN simulator already when you first login to the sandbox)

• Advertisement

Thanks, that sounds perfect, however sandbox logged me out once again, its completely buggy

A major problem I had with the paypal sandbox was cookies that were broken somehow, if you're getting weird problems with it, try clearing them. (maybe work from a browser where you don't mind doing this several times)

Cheers, i already come across that issue and got past it. I logged a ticket to support anyway, just a bit silly, thought this would be widely used !
    Thanks for your help !

Advertisement