Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Drogheda

Options
  • 29-02-2012 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭

It appears Tesco Drogheda have raised prices substanially.

It always amuses me when they announce they have reduced prices on over 600 products about 2 mths after increasing prices. they never announce the increases.

Tesco own brand weetabix has always fluctuated between 1.33 and 1.39 for a pack of 24. 1.39 for the non announced price increase and 1.33 for the announced price decrease.

Shocked to see when i went in this morning the price went up to 1.75...a 31% price increase.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,359 ✭✭✭positron

It started around Christmas time I think - my weekly shopping bill is up by about 20% since new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 mornington man

Yes, its not only the prices which are changing ( in the negative). Take their "Pick and mix fruit promotion, 3 pcks for €3. The mandarin oranges had 8 in each pack, not down to 6. The pcks of Bananas had 7, now down to 5. Not suck value now!!!!:mad::mad:

Yes, its not only the prices which are changing ( in the negative). Take their "Pick and mix fruit promotion, 3 pcks for €3. The mandarin oranges had 8 in each pack, not down to 6. The pcks of Bananas had 7, now down to 5. Not suck value now!!!!:mad::mad:

To be fair, that's still very good value. I buy the 3 for €3 myself (usually oranges, bananas and apples) and think it's great value. Always fresh, too.

OP, I think all retail stores do this from time to time. They put up the price of some items and reduce the price of other stuff.

For example, they might drop the Big Al's burgers down to cost-price, but they'll bump up the milk, burger baps and tea bags by a couple of cent each, so when you rush into the shop to buy the really cheap burgers, you end up picking up a few other essential items whilst there, and they make their money that way.

I don't think this is unique to Tesco.

Advertisement