Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Ball 2012

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Neeson wrote: »
    D'arcy promised The Coronas in his election video last year!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wYFpedw7AA

Tbh, that's an election promise I'm happy he bailed on.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

It would have sold out the bar anyway. Better than that Cheese-fest nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Neeson wrote: »
    It would have sold out the bar anyway. Better than that Cheese-fest nonsense.

Not sure they would anymore.

Also, apparently they've upped their prices considerably lately, like to the point where they're shockingly expensive for a band that have one song about going on a J1 once....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Fad wrote: »

Also, apparently they've upped their prices considerably lately, like to the point where they're shockingly expensive for a band that have one song about going on a J1 once....

Where they sleep all day and drink all night and in between write **** songs before rinsing and repeating.

Bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Where they sleep all day and drink all night

But at least they are not wasting their time. Or they are wasting their time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Fad wrote: »

Don't know anything about how much they would cost, but they would have more than one song and I know plenty of people who'd be willing to pay into that as opposed to some shíte cover band or group who split up ten years ago.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

its a pretty horrible line up in terms of the music, it probably caters to the taste of some students, but anyone with a semblance of taste should look elsewhere

Kind of line up to expect from them unfortunately

The coronas would make it worse, horrible bottom of the barrell rubbish, and one wonders how theyre popular. There are far better, creative and arder working bands going

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭RoundBox11

Must say im very dissapointed (but not surprised) with the line up. I've heard far better musicians in the music soc than some of the over-hyped crap they get for the Balls

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭goreyguy

just wondering can non ucd students attend?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I'm very late in responding but non-UCD students can attend but they need a UCD student to buy their ticket AFAIK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 OmegaRed10

Anyone know how the ticket sales have gone? Read the notice on the building doors; the whole campus is shut - buildings, all gates from 13.00. Take it all lectures & tutorials are off too.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭goreyguy

poisonated wrote: »
    I'm very late in responding but non-UCD students can attend but they need a UCD student to buy their ticket AFAIK.

well i bought my ticket online, have to collect this afternoon from the student center... I assume it wont be a problem considering they already have my money.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

OmegaRed10 wrote: »
    Anyone know how the ticket sales have gone? Read the notice on the building doors; the whole campus is shut - buildings, all gates from 13.00. Take it all lectures & tutorials are off too.

An 'extra' 500 have went on sale today, so make of that what you will . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Anyone have any idea what time it ends at? Or what time the last act plays til even?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 OmegaRed10

The SU site gives the start time 15.00, no end time but I'd guess something around 22.00 or 23.00. Is it just me or does everything around the ball seem "quieter" this year :shifty: ? Mind maybe its just because there hasnt been a massive balls up this year

Anyone have any idea what time it ends at? Or what time the last act plays til even?

I *think* it finishes up at 11. However every year I've been at it in the past I haven't been up much of a state to deal with what time it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

OmegaRed10 wrote: »
    The SU site gives the start time 15.00, no end time but I'd guess something around 22.00 or 23.00. Is it just me or does everything around the ball seem "quieter" this year :shifty: ? Mind maybe its just because there hasnt been a massive balls up this year

Darcy's massive balls?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

WeeBushy wrote: »
    I *think* it finishes up at 11. However every year I've been at it in the past I haven't been up much of a state to deal with what time it was.

Yeah it says on the ticket it finishes at 11.

Anyone know if they'll have those free shuttle buses into town when it finishes like the have in the past? I can't imagine normal Dublin Bus services will be stopping anywhere near UCD, and that amount of people trying to get taxis would be madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Jackies green army

Do you wear a suit to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

Yup, standard ball attire, you'd look pretty weird otherwise!

• Advertisement

Have me three-piece specially dry cleaned :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Yep, I know a few lads refused last year because they just wore shirts, shoes and jeans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I have gotten a cummerbund too for this. lol 'cummerbund'!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

So how was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭TopOfTheRight

Messy!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

There was a faint smell of urine in parts of the campus today

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

SZnxr.png

Advertisement