Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank rant

• 29-02-2012 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi all,

This is a rant, be warned.

Yesterday Ulster Bank charged €50.80 to my current a/c in bank charges of which I was not aware. Each month I log on to internet banking and arrange my payments for the last day of the month, which is also the day which I am paid. Of course foolish me was unaware that 2012 is in fact a leap year and I set the payments up for the 28th of the month.

4 payments, one a transfer between my own accounts, were returned unpaid and each was charged €12.70. This is extortionate for something which was obviously human error.

I am fully aware that banks will have their terms and conditions to back them up but surely, for once in this country, the banks should allow common sense to prevail.

Ulster bank must sit around for four years waiting for this day to come.

Rant over.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Lol,

Yep. I wonder how many people got caught with that.

You can contact your branch and explain and make a complaint. Ask for a refund, if your a repeat offender forget about it but if ite a once of the may refund you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Why not set your payments to the 1st of every month. After you get paid...rather than the same day as when you paid. Gives a bit of leeway for this type of thing.

Advertisement