Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HB1 US Visa, how hard are they to get?

Options
  • 29-02-2012 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,

I have recently been thinking that Id like to try my hand at getting a visa to work in the US.

I have no idea how easy or hard that would be for someone in my position so I thought I would throw it out there and see if anyone could shed any light.

Im 39 years old, have a bachelors degree in Information Technology that I got in 2003.

My main area of expertise is in web development, with 10 years experience developing php/MySQL web applications. I have also been developing Android phone applications for the last 2 years.

Is this the sort of experience/skill set that would qualify for HB1?

Would my age come against me?

How hard will it be to find a job, and if I get one are there issues of exploitation, in that you cant move jobs and being at the mercy of the employer.

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Beedge

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Your age doesn't matter.
    Your qualifications would be enough for a H1B I think, but may not be enough to attract an employer to petition for such a visa for you, as there are a lot of IT people out of work in the USA.

Advertisement