Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kinect

Options
  • 29-02-2012 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Guys, I am trying to play Rise of Nightmares and going insane. I bought a Kinect a while ago and only got around to using it today. It's impossible to use, while I'm playing a message is constantly taking up 25% of the screen saying 'move away from the sensor', but when I move back, it won't go away, and eventually if I go far enough it then says 'Step forward towards the sensor'. It's as clunky as hell, I can't control Rise of Nightmares at all. I'm playing in a large room by the way, about 8 feet away from the bar, but this stupid message about 'step away from the sensor' is coming up no matter where I stand - closer, or further away.

I tried playing Fruit Ninja and that seemed to go OK but this game has me tearing my hair out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

I had a bit of fiddling with mine too, haven't played that game but found using the kinect tuner from the dashboard in different lighting conditions helped a lot.

i closed the curtains, done it in low light, then high light, sunlight, darkness and twilight and it helped a lot in games...

may help a bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I used to have that problem, I bought one of thosekinect attachment things that reduce the amount of space you need to play and it sorted the problem.
    Just found some games are more sensitive to the space you have than others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

Put the sensor above the telly if possible. Its supposed to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Put the sensor above the telly if possible. Its supposed to help.
    Having the sensor above the TV really helps in my Sitting room (not that big a space).

Bubblefett - did you notice the Nyko Zoom made a big difference in small spaces?

Advertisement