Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank online account - how to see DIRT statement?

• 29-02-2012 3:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

Any Ulster Bank online account customers out there, who can tell me where to find the account's DIRT statement?

I've become exempt, and perhaps exemption removes the DIRT statement option from the website. But I can't see if it has, as I can't remember how I used to get to it. I remember it took me a while to figure out how to get there in the first place.
    There's no way to find out either from the website or my branch (who can't help with online accounts, as they have no access to them).
    I know about having to use Internet Explorer for the site to work properly.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Can't iirc.

You can order a statement of interest earn via the branch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

Thanks unclebill, but when I asked the branch last year they didn't have access to online account info. I then tried again on the website (and eventually managed to find the 2010 DIRT statement, that time). An advisor at the branch confirmed the other week that they can't do it.

I'm about to move the deposit to a new account and close this one, and just wanted first to double-check re DIRT. I get an annual statement on paper through the post (from the Dublin address for the online account), which summarises the interest and DIRT paid, but the next one's not due till September. Perhaps closing the account will trigger an earlier statement, but the only way to check before closing it is to know the method for seeing the DIRT statement online (and if that doesn't find it, I can assume there isn't one in my circumstances).

From the interest figures in the ordinary online statement, it does look to me as if no DIRT has been deducted since exemption. But it still felt like a good idea to get the remaining DIRT statements (if any), in case anyone else needs to see them in the future.

It's an eSavings Plus account I'm closing, but maybe the way of seeing DIRT statements is the same for all Ulster Bank online accounts.

Advertisement