Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Date of Entry into Canada!

Options
  • 29-02-2012 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi all;
    just a quick question here about the IEC under 35 working holiday visa; I was granted the letter of introduction last March and on it, it says that I must enter Canada before 13March 2012 in order to activate the permit. Now my question is this: Can I leave it until the 13March to enter Canada or would I have to arrive in Canada, at border security on 12March or earlier?
    I know I'm leaving it rather late but I have engagements here in Ireland all next week:o:o
    I really appreciate all responses
    Cheers folks:)

The exact wording people is "YOU MUST ENTER CANADA BEFORE / DATE LIMITE D'ENTREE AU CANADA : 3/13/2012"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

if it says you must enter before march 13th that means that 12th would be the last day applicable

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭joxer1988

A related question. If you do not enter Canada during this time, obviously it invalidates that work permit but can you just reapply, paying the fee again, or does it completely void your eligibility of that year of IEC elibility, as there are only 2?

*Sorry about the awful phrasing.* :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Even if you don't use it, it takes up 1 of your 2 visas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

I presume its up to the end of the day stated on the loi that you have to use it.

Dont mean to hog your thread but i have a question for someone in your scenario. Say if you activate this loi from march last year and get a visa that day. You now have a visa for the next year. IEc is taking applicatiosn for this year. Could you apply for a new loi straightway even though you have a full year on the visa you have? This would effectivly give you the visa you have now and then all you have to do is cross the border to get new visa giving you 2 years in canada

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

yeah you can

• Advertisement
Advertisement