Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best drink for getting tipsy with no hangover

Options
  • 29-02-2012 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭

What do people find are the best drinks for getting you tipsy with no hangover.

I'm guessing it's clear spirits with lemonade or maybe even champagne or sparkling wine?

Not very manly I know but I want to give up the beers for a while but still want to go out and drink
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Green Dragon.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,188 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Domestos!

Drink enough of it and your GUARANTEED to not have to worry about a hangover the next day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Cocaine in water!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Why not just have 1-2 beers instead of a load of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Ethanol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I never really get hangovers because I just sober myself up before I go to sleep. That way, I can still drink whatever I want. Try it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Pint bottles of bulmers with ice.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭parc

because i wan't to get tipsy

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,816 ✭✭✭SeanW

parc wrote: »

I'm guessing it's clear spirits with lemonade or maybe even champagne or sparkling wine?

Not very manly I know but I want to give up the beers for a while but still want to go out and drink
    Fewer beers?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Never drink without eating properly, and don't combine drinking with drugs ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Why not just spin around til your fingers tingle like you used to do when you were a kid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

parc wrote: »

Baileys.
    Trust me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Pro Tip: Drink more water and get plenty of rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

A pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls should do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Air_Bass

Wurly wrote: »
    Pint bottles of bulmers with ice.

+1 to that.
    Before I developed a taste for beer I used to drink Bulmers all the time and never really got hangovers.
    (found it harsh/acidic on the stomach though).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Seagull Wine

Invented by the Inuits to warm themselves on cold Arctic nights, seagull wine is the result of stuffing a dead seagull into a bottle (whole or in parts), adding water, corking the container, and letting it sit in the sun until the concoction is sufficiently fermented.

Baby Mouse Wine

Used as a cure for who-knows-what in parts of SE Asia, baby mouse wine is unfortunately pretty much what it sounds like. It’s as simple to make as seagull wine. Simply put a bunch of 2- or 3-day-old mice—live—into a bottle of rice wine. Seal it back up and let it sit for a year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Stick to clear liquids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

German beers, they don't have those weird chemicals you find a pint of p1ss aka Bud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

I started drinking whiskey a couple of years ago. I can still get a savage head the next morning if I drink enough of it, but I won't have made ten trips to the jacks over the course of the night.

If you can remember to drink a pint of water before bed, it will help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭Corvo

I'll be flaked for this, but just get a pint of Guinness down your beak and you will be fine. About three or four of them, home for the feed and rest and hey presto...you'll shat your pants! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

A bottle (or two) of Lambrusco wine. Delish.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

A hangover is caused by a combination of the toxic by-product of alcohol metabolism (acetaldehyde), dehydration, and Vitamin A, B (particularly B6) and C depletion caused by the chemical action of alcohol on your system. The symptoms are usually a dry mouth, nausea, fatigue, dizziness and headache and are caused by a combination of these factors.

Apart from the obvious toxic effects, you should realise you're suffering the effects of a mild overdose of a depressant drug and your nerves are reacting accordingly, and you have also flushed a signifnicant quantity of vitamins and nutrients from your system causing a degree of metabolic shock that your body is struggling to compensate against. This is why hangover symptoms often include disorientation and "the jitters".

Some drinks give you worse hangovers than others due to the actions of impurities called Congeners. While it's the ethyl alcohol (ethanol) that gets you drunk, amyl alcohol, butyl alcohol, methyl alcohol, propyl alcohol, and isopropyl alcohol is also found in most drinks to varying degrees, and the concentration of these Congeners will go a long way to determining the severity of the hangover.

Vodka and gin (clear liquors) are generally lower in congeners than whisky, rum and bourbon, due to the filtering process involved, and hence usually give a less intense hangover. Unfortunately the congeners also give flavor, smell and appearance to alcohol.

Another contributor to the hangover is the "freshness" of the alcohol since the natural oxidation product of ethanol is also acetaldehyde. Finishing off an already open bottle of red, or drinking beer that's been in the boot of your car for a week, will provide you with a ready made supply of acetaldehyde so you don't have to wait for your liver to make it in order to have a really good hangover.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭sleepysniper

Air_Bass wrote: »
    +1 to that.
    Before I developed a taste for beer I used to drink Bulmers all the time and never really got hangovers.
    (found it harsh/acidic on the stomach though).

Try Bulmers Light...same strength, not as rough.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

But, where's the tipsy in that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Its a simple formula really. The flatter and whiter the drink the less of a hangover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Why do you have to get "tipsy"? Drink something you like the taste of, and not 10 of them. Then you won't have a hangover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

guinness. never gives me a hangover but makes me lay some dense cables of black tar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭happyman81

Everytime you have three pints, have a pint of water. Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Captain Morgans and mixer with water between each drink and after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Drink eight pints of water before going on the beer or else just drink the odd mineral in between drinks, you won't feel drunk and won't be hungover, proven fact!

Advertisement