Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best drink for getting tipsy with no hangover

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Why not just have 1-2 beers instead of a load of them?
    It's a sad day in AH when the sensible answer gets the most thanks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Guinness stout, from the bottle is the only drink I don't get a hangover from. The stuff from the tap though is pure poison and has the worst hangover imaginable.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Just drink like a sailor the night before a big night out.. then no matter what you drink you won't get a hangover :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

xzanti wrote: »
    Just drink like a sailor the night before a big night out..

That's a lot of cum to swallow.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Vodka & cranberry.Get drunk & replenish the vitamins.A pint of water & berroca before hitting the sack helps.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Home brew. Natural, no preservatives or similar nasties and much easier to produce than you might think.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭parc

Sykk wrote: »
    Why do you have to get "tipsy"? Drink something you like the taste of, and not 10 of them. Then you won't have a hangover.

because it's fun

I also drink something I like the taste of every day of the week .ie tea and coffee but they don't get me tipsy. Besides I do like the taste of the alcohol that I drink

next "why do you want to drink alcohol?" question please

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

FTW >>>>>B-U-C-K-F-A-S-T<<<<< FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

parc wrote: »
    because i wan't to get tipsy

:confused:

Well then stop drinking when you start to feel that way =p

I know there's an argument to be had for drinking stuff without preservatives/colors etc in order to help avoid hangovers, but for the most part that is bull****. If you're going to be drinking enough for preservatives and colorings to have a negative effect on you then you're drinking enough for the alcohol to negatively effect you.

You're fooling yourself if you think it's possible to drink enough to get tipsy, but at the same time escape the downsides that come with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭200yrolecrank

Red wine mixed with beer,gives you a clear head in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Go for a jog or a run between drinks

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

Stiffler2 wrote: »
    FTW >>>>>B-U-C-K-F-A-S-T<<<<< FTW

+1

Seriously, some German beer or drink a **** load of water before and after your session. Sure the headaches mainly come from dehydration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭angry kitten

Champagne will give you an evil hangover. Vodka with lots of tonic water and if all else fails there's always solpadene the day after, although the pharmacist might make you feel like a heroin addict for asking to buy an over the counter medication containing codeine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Domestos!

Drink enough of it and your GUARANTEED to not have to worry about a hangover the next day!

Cos..cos you'll be dead hahahahahhahaha

On a more serious note, the following works for me 10 times out of 10...everytime.

Go out, drinks as much as you want, but when you get home pop a Berocca into a pint glass of cold water, lash it back and hit the hay.

When I do this, I never, ever have a hangover the next day.. Actually, I do feel great the next morning.
    Patent pending.

biko wrote: »
    A hangover is caused by a combination of the toxic by-product of alcohol metabolism (acetaldehyde), dehydration, and Vitamin A, B (particularly B6) and C depletion caused by the chemical action of alcohol on your system. The symptoms are usually a dry mouth, nausea, fatigue, dizziness and headache and are caused by a combination of these factors.

Apart from the obvious toxic effects, you should realise you're suffering the effects of a mild overdose of a depressant drug and your nerves are reacting accordingly, and you have also flushed a signifnicant quantity of vitamins and nutrients from your system causing a degree of metabolic shock that your body is struggling to compensate against. This is why hangover symptoms often include disorientation and "the jitters".

Some drinks give you worse hangovers than others due to the actions of impurities called Congeners. While it's the ethyl alcohol (ethanol) that gets you drunk, amyl alcohol, butyl alcohol, methyl alcohol, propyl alcohol, and isopropyl alcohol is also found in most drinks to varying degrees, and the concentration of these Congeners will go a long way to determining the severity of the hangover.

Vodka and gin (clear liquors) are generally lower in congeners than whisky, rum and bourbon, due to the filtering process involved, and hence usually give a less intense hangover. Unfortunately the congeners also give flavor, smell and appearance to alcohol.

Another contributor to the hangover is the "freshness" of the alcohol since the natural oxidation product of ethanol is also acetaldehyde. Finishing off an already open bottle of red, or drinking beer that's been in the boot of your car for a week, will provide you with a ready made supply of acetaldehyde so you don't have to wait for your liver to make it in order to have a really good hangover.

You could at least reference the website you took this from.

http://www.rupissed.com/hangovercures.html

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wivy

eat a big dinner, couple of bulmers and vodka - great buzz! drink lots of water and eat something before going to bed!
    eureka! hangover free! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

You could at least reference the website you took this from.

http://www.rupissed.com/hangovercures.html
    But then people would not think I wrote it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

On a more serious note, the following works for me 10 times out of 10...everytime.

Go out, drinks as much as you want, but when you get home pop a Berocca into a pint glass of cold water, lash it back and hit the hay.

When I do this, I never, ever have a hangover the next day.. Actually, I do feel great the next morning.
    Patent pending.

You stole my idea.http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77352515&postcount=37 We'll share the profits.

What about vodka and berocca?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Jager-bombs are clinically proven not to give you a hangover.

Although you're guaranteed to wake up still drunk!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

doovdela wrote: »
    Drink eight pints of water before going on the beer or else just drink the odd mineral in between drinks, you won't feel drunk and won't be hungover, proven fact!
    Yeah, because you'll be dead

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Dihydrogen_monoxide

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

The severity of the hangover is usually inversely proportional to the price of the alcohol I find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

Smithwicks, god help anyone who can get pissed on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

Cola and a hand full of skittles... sugar rush FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭patff

Try this.....

Get yerself diagnosed with having Sleep Apnea (not always easy),

Get yerself prescribed a CPAP ventilator,

Get yerself drunk on any bloody drink you like,

Get yerself passed out (making sure to wear the ventilator),

Get yerself awake..........hey presto, no hangover (almost guaranteed) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Two Lifeline capsules an hour after you start drinking and take another two if you're still drinking seven drinks later. A pint of water before sleep and that'll be a huge help.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Roxy.Randrome

B vitamin tablets before you start drinking, few more before bed with a pint of water. Also eat after drinking, before bed. Always works for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

never get a hangover from smithwicks!

If I'm drinking something else I get a pint of water, drop a berocca, solpadine dissolvable and a packet of dioralyte in it and down in one!

Drink another pint of water if you can and bring a pint of water to bed to drink first thing when you wake up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

German beers are good, haven't had a hangover in years :)

Advertisement