Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bringing a european device to USA

• 29-02-2012 4:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭

Hi guys - - sorry if this is in the wrong place but i cant seem to find a more suitable forum.

I have a galaxy nexus phone with a charger that says 100-240 50 hz which i know wont wonrk in the USA as i need the 60hz i believe. However the phone will charge with another charger i have which is rated 100-240 50/60. My question is if i use this alternative charger in the USA would i be likely to damage the phone as the original charger is only rated 50hz?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

corklad32 wrote: »
    Hi guys - - sorry if this is in the wrong place but i cant seem to find a more suitable forum.

I have a galaxy nexus phone with a charger that says 100-240 50 hz which i know wont wonrk in the USA as i need the 60hz i believe. However the phone will charge with another charger i have which is rated 100-240 50/60. My question is if i use this alternative charger in the USA would i be likely to damage the phone as the original charger is only rated 50hz?

Thanks

Your charger will work just fine in the US (although it says 50Hz, it will be grand on 60Hz). All you need will be a plug top converter to allow you to plug it in. The input voltage is the main thing, and as its 100-240, it will be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

i would use the 50/60 hz charger... had a similair problem with a nokia a few yrs back in the states... had 2 chargers, a 50 hz and a 50/60 hz charger. The 50hz would not work. Maybe things have moved on since then and the 50hz will work now....

Advertisement