Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monster ESB bill

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

eggy81 wrote: »
    Sounds to me like there's a bit of an effort to scam people here.how unusual from a service provider.

Did you know that making a claim like that is defamation? Easy to see why Electric Ireland haven't dignified it with an answer. How's about keeping the stupid comments to yourself in future.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭spankadamonkee

Hi, I joined ESB Electric Ireland last year and this is how I have faired.

23rd Aug 11 (40 day bill) 425 units €72.86 Unit Price .1476

17th Oct 11 (52 day bill) 347 units €93.84

15th Nov 11 (32 day bill) 422 units €78.79

23rd Dec 11 (29 day bill) 383 units €71.66

21st Feb 12 ( 64 day bill / Christmas period) 911 units €153.86

30th Apr 12 (59 day bill ) 646 units €133.58

18th Jan 12 (58 day bill) 611 units €134.97 Unit Price .1619

22nd Aug 12 (66 day bill) 955 units €200.80

My bill has more or less had a steady increase in price even though if anything, I have been more careful to turn things off and not use certain appliances too often.
    If you take a look , I used 40 more units on my last bill than i used over the Christmas period with all the christmas lights etc., plugged in.
    How can this be???????????????
    Also, why cant the billing period have a fixed length of time so that people can partly guess what their bill will be. Its absolutely ridicuous that they cant be monthly?
    If you look, you will also see that my billing period has lengthened consistently, which lead to bigger bills.

Since i received my bill in August, I have asked a lot of people about their latest electricity bill and some have said thatbtheirs have doubled , even though they havent done anything different in the way they run their homes.

I can see you losing alot of customers over these astronomical bills .

Wake up and do somthing about it Electric Ireland!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi there,

When you switched to Electric Ireland, did you have a discount price plan applied to your account? If so, it would have expired and we can re-apply it for you.

Fuel prices have seen an increase also in recent times.

A test can be done on a meter by switching off all appliances and checking to see whether the disk is still rotating several minutes later, or the red light is still flashing (on a digital meter).

The timing of bills is dependent on when the meter is read.
    We have a system whereby the customer can request a fixed amount (based on previous bills) to be charged to them monthly (the amount is subject to amending, for example if usage patterns change). An overpayment is banked as credit for the next bill/the winter.

We offer an Appliance Calculator (web calculator or smartphone app) to help keep track of usage. We cannot explain why usage has increased but factors such as a particularly cold summer this year may go some way towards explaining it - for instance: causing an increase in use of the clothes dryer, lights being switched on more because of the unseasonable darkness, electric shower temperature being increased slightly.

I can check your account for you if you wish - just private message me your account number and your name/address in full as they appear on your account, as well as either the telephone number on your account or your date of birth.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Since i received my bill in August, I have asked a lot of people about their latest electricity bill and some have said thatbtheirs have doubled , even though they havent done anything different in the way they run their homes.

I can see you losing alot of customers over these astronomical bills .

Wake up and do somthing about it Electric Ireland!!

How many of those bills are estimated?
    You can ring in your own meter reads.

Advertisement