Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WrestleMania 28 at CAPTAIN'S GRAFTON ST/TALLAGHT! **THANK YOU LEGGO**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

That squirtle tshirt was indeed awesome

number 5 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Only got out of bed at bout 5 was after 8 when got to bed this morning lol. Just thinking bout when I was leaving captains when they cleared everyone out I saw cop car outside the door stupid drunk me of course says out loud to me mates watch it lads pigs outside...... There was cop right behind me lol took my drink poured it in bin that was end of that lol :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Anyone still dying?

Who'd have thought beer + wrestling don't go together as well as I expected.

Starting to remember bits of stuff now after reading the last 3-4 pages. Thanks for filling in the gaps!

Who was the guy who decided to adjust the TV cables and volume.. I thought he was gonna get lynched at one stage :D

The chanting was awesome. Too many to mention but everyone singing 'sexy boy' stands out. And 'CJ's got a boner' deserves mentioning for originality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Great stuff, had a blast; met @CM_Punked Charisteas and Denny at the show. Reading posts/tweets from last night, our own crowd reaction made the show.

Was the table you were sat at the official Boards table? By the time I arrived it was standing room only, my feet were killing me by the end!

Noticed about 20 MSW guys front row where the big-screen was, they must have got there dead early to secure great spots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

My voice is gone.

Cianan2 wrote: »
    Charisteas, i apologise if i repeated myself alot during our conversation... I had 4 or 5 pitchers....

Great night, fantastic atmosphere, though i was on the receiving end of too many knife-edge chops+woo's.

Haha surprised you were still standing by 4am! Great to see you again though man, hope the chest isn't too red.

Lads I have an idea...........

Lets all go back tonight and watch Raw live :D

Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Charisteas wrote: »
    Was the table you were sat at the official Boards table? By the time I arrived it was standing room only, my feet were killing me by the end!

Nah there wasn't any boards table, Chris/Denny was nice enough to scoot over & chat with us during the night. CM says that those seats were taken by like 8:05pm!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Nah there wasn't any boards table, Chris/Denny was nice enough to scoot over & chat with us during the night. CM says that those seats were taken by like 8:05pm!!

most tables were taken by 7.45pm, we got food then noticed none were free, either way I was happy with the corner I was in :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭Shadooby

The MSW guys just grabbed some chairs and made their way to the front with them, they werent there that early!
    I got there about 7, noticed some people in there already at the Live section.
    I got some food before heading over there later, got decent seats, good view of the big screen and the flat screen. I was happy, and full :D

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

Had a great night, thanks for those who put up with us while trying to get my guitar to work! Thanks to Rick for having us.

Watching HIAC in that environment made it extra special. Was really a great event!

Saw a good few people with their camera out during our performance, anybody care to upload anything they shot? Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Loved the "YES! YES! YES!" chants that permeated the entire show. Brilliant with wrestling fans, that everyone in the bar loves wrestling; unlike football where everyone's one or the other.

Who was the huge Rock mark that was standing and posing during the main event? It was hilarious :pac:

Also when the Divas match came on, holy God the place cleared out to the toilet/smoke break/bar! Still hoarse/knackered from last night.......worth it :)

That was possibly either myself, or the two of mates by the big screen...

I was possibly the biggest CM Punk mark there though, standing on seats, not giving a flying fk! Lol.

Thank you so much for last night, will never have better memories watching a PPV. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Did many people take videos last night? Id love to see some stuff again, like Sheamus because that was immense fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Sounds like you's all had a great night. Glad to hear it went so well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

This is the only video i took last night.

Hopefully someone has something better than this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

The chanting was awesome. Too many to mention but everyone singing 'sexy boy' stands out. And 'CJ's got a boner' deserves mentioning for originality.

ill take full credit in that thank you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,516 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    I was the bloke to your left in just a normal blue t-shirt... The one who kept going TWOOOOOO for everything :D. The one who was borderline crying when Cody lost as well :P Good craic with Piper as well at the end of the night who I think is on here.

Brilliant stuff though, great work Leggo. Only thing that ruined the night was the Cody Rhodes loss. But I guess that's not your fault :P. Poor Captains looked like it was running out of drink :D

I certainly am :) Had a great laugh with ya at the end alright... TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-AAAAH. The Piper kilt went down very well in there, but as soon as I left Captains everyone looked at me as if I was a proper mental case! Was actually the most enjoyable night I've watched any wrestling, just being surrounded by people all out to enjoy the night. Would do it over again in a flash!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I certainly am :) Had a great laugh with ya at the end alright... TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-AAAAH. The Piper kilt went down very well in there, but as soon as I left Captains everyone looked at me as if I was a proper mental case! Was actually the most enjoyable night I've watched any wrestling, just being surrounded by people all out to enjoy the night. Would do it over again in a flash!

Fruity Pebblesss
    Sh*te movies
    Faiir point
    :D

I was thinking that, 200 people in various wrestling related tops and attire locked decending down Grafton St. Say it was brilliant to look at :D

A credit to the wrestling fans as well, that with the copious amounts of alcohol drank and testosterone flowing after watching the fights all night, their wasnt an ounce of trouble that I saw. So credit to everyone :) the fact that everyone was chatting with everyone at some point as well shows how well everyone seemed to get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,516 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Fruity Pebblesss
    Sh*te movies
    Faiir point
    :D

I was thinking that, 200 people in various wrestling related tops and attire locked decending down Grafton St. Say it was brilliant to look at :D

A credit to the wrestling fans as well, that with the copious amounts of alcohol drank and testosterone flowing after watching the fights all night, their wasnt an ounce of trouble that I saw. So credit to everyone :)the fact that everyone was chatting with everyone at some point as well shows how well everyone seemed to get on.

Thats a really fantastic point. I've never been to a football/rugby/american football match anything where everybody could and was freely talking to everybody and anybody. The sense of community was fantastic. A real credit to everyone who was there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

A credit to the wrestling fans as well, that with the copious amounts of alcohol drank and testosterone flowing after watching the fights all night, their wasnt an ounce of trouble that I saw. So credit to everyone :) the fact that everyone was chatting with everyone at some point as well shows how well everyone seemed to get on.

+1. Completely agree. Even during Cena/Rock, where opinions were split 50-50, it was all just banter and added to the night. You would have aggro in a similar situation if it was a football match. Keep in mind, too, that some had been drinking since 7pm (that's 8 hours!!) when the match started!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Great work, leggo. Sounds like everybody there did Irish wrestling fans proud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Unstickying this thread. Here's hoping to another PPV meetup sooner than later!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

leggo wrote: »
    +1. Completely agree. Even during Cena/Rock, where opinions were split 50-50, it was all just banter and added to the night. You would have aggro in a similar situation if it was a football match. Keep in mind, too, that some had been drinking since 7pm (that's 8 hours!!) when the match started!

7pm? Some of us had been drinking since midday.

Which goes some way to explaining why I still feel ill 24 hours later.

I'm pretty sure I hugged you at the end of the Rock/Cena match. I was so happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Might be another reason to have this real soon again after that RAW :D

Been thinking there since early on shame we couldn't of kept the tickets when we got the wristbands. Would of been nice to have :-).

Been thinking there since early on shame we couldn't of kept the tickets when we got the wristbands. Would of been nice to have :-).

Flojo asked that bloke giving out the wristbands and he said she could get a ticket back at the end of the night...

I found a ticket in my pocket this morning.. looks like its been in the wars though.

Flojo asked that bloke giving out the wristbands and he said she could get a ticket back at the end of the night...

I found a ticket in my pocket this morning.. looks like its been in the wars though.

Feck I should of asked...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I just came in to post this!! Forgot to ask. :cool:

Just to say, I'm not a wrestling fan, but went because my friend was going and I had a great time. So much fun and everyone was in great form. I'd definitely go again! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Jaysus. There was a bit of talent :)

Pics look like a laugh was had all round anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

Great pics!! They really capture the atmosphere of the night. Is that all of them? I remember one been taken of our table. It must not have turned out well. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Flojo wrote: »
    Great pics!! They really capture the atmosphere of the night. Is that all of them? I remember one been taking of our table. It must not have turned out well. :o

We were still relatively sober at that stage at least :pac:

We were still relatively sober at that stage at least :pac:

Unlike the one of me in there where it looks like I'm clinging on to myself for dear life. Pitchers = evil!

Nope there's still a few more to go! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Love the pics i am jealous as at the moment glad it went well

It's only from seeing those photos that I've remembered that I took my baseball cap up there. I'll add that to the increasing list of things I lost in Captains on Sunday which also includes my cardigan and my dignity.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    It's only from seeing those photos that I've remembered that I took my baseball cap up there. I'll add that to the increasing list of things I lost in Captains on Sunday which also includes my cardigan and my dignity.

Whats this thing? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Loving the photos leggo!! Wish I was there..

• Advertisement

At least you left of your own accord. The absolute shame... :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

So far no pics of me :D

Denny M wrote: »
    So far no pics of me :D

Don't be so sure, I just put up the rest! :p

Don't be so sure, I just put up the rest! :p

Just the 1 and it was early. This is a win :pac:

How can I see the photos without registering a facebook account?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I think this (apart from the ones from when rock was celebrating) is the best one:

548748_271952769555692_100002229144483_619249_701117444_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

gotta say, well done lads. Just looking thru some pics there and i'm absolutely gutted i didnt go along. Looks like it was some craic.....hopefully next year

CMpunked wrote: »
    I think this (apart from the ones from when rock was celebrating) is the best one

Love that one myself, think she caught exactly what a near fall is like for people watching.

The Live area looks insane. I didn't feel at the time like we were missing out by not sitting in there, but the pictures make me wonder.

The Live area looks insane. I didn't feel at the time like we were missing out by not sitting in there, but the pictures make me wonder.

Yeah me too. Looking through them last night - looks like they had a mental time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement