Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Continuity on US shows

• 29-02-2012 5:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Is it just me who's noticed the shocking continuity* on US shows these days, particuarly the half hours? A few weeks ago, watching Big Bang Theory and they were playing some form of Jenga, but each time the camera changed, the Jenga stack (which was dead center of the screen) was basically random, 1 on top, 2 on top, etc etc (although really the etc would only be 0 on top, wouldn't it ;))

I notice people walking up behind main characters, then the camera changes and they walk up again - I spotted the same guy 3 times in some show the other day. And things like drinks and cigarettes and that kind of small stuff just seems to go unnoticed by the continuity dept these days.

Why bother with props if you can't keep continuity going? For ex., in the BBT mentioned above, the Jenga thing wasn't even important to the dialogue or the plot - it was just a random thing "nerds do" I guess.

Am I alone in this? Or should I just get out more? Or both?

* it's not really shocking, just needed some hyperbole.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

I know what you mean, and with the fact we can now pvr, we can wind back on confirm those "wait, did i just see...?" moments.

although some do continuity very well. this blink and you'll miss it gag took three seasons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

When someone's talking and the camera switches and it's really obvious the dialogue is re-dubbed, ugh. Or facial expressions. Always at it, seems like even a short scene does be put together from at least a couple of takes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,602 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I hate when they show episodes out of sequence such as a recent one of Pan Am
    and Chaos lived up to its name by showing about 4 or 5 out of sequence in a 12 episode season :rolleyes:

Advertisement