Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro 2012

Options
  • 29-02-2012 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this was already posted but will EA be releasing a Euro 2012 game? They normally do but I haven't seen anything about it yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

WTF, EA were making those games since at least 1998(not sure about the 96 Euros)..... Why give up the monopoly now?!

Euro 08 game was ok(you couldn't score a shot from outside the box-main gripe) but I loved the last WC game.

I can't get my head around a new team making a football game, I can't remember a 3rd party since the PS2....and we all know how bad they ended up being. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'm happy gives um more focus when doing fifa 13 I hope

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Oh dear. Quick check up on the studio... Green Lantern, GI Joe, Silent Hill Homecoming. This ain't gonna be pretty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Oh my. That's gonna be so crap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Bollox. Was eagerly anticipating the new game as I normally get sick of FIFA around April and normally have a new game to play until the next FIFA. This Euro game should be hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

So will this be the first tournament game to feature a qualified Ireland team?

darokane wrote: »
    So will this be the first tournament game to feature a qualified Ireland team?

2002, 94 World Cup games

2002, 94 World Cup games

there was no 94 world cup game

there was no 94 world cup game

Sure there was

World_Cup_USA_%2794_Coverart.png

• Advertisement

Sure there was

haha, never heard of it

haha, never heard of it

It was a bit pooh!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,120 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

sugarman wrote: »
    yup, but I always wondered why we were never in Italia '90 on the megadrive:confused:

There was also this game on the Amstrad

http://www.mobygames.com/game/cpc/football-manager-world-cup-edition-1990

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I actually still have this game with the SNES under my bed upstairs. The whistle used to drive me crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Will be very interested to see the first trailer of this when it comes online

I have researched this for a few weeks, and apparently the game is not being made by Double Helix, and Warner Bros owned the rights to Euro 2004 & 2008 but had no problem subbing them to EA for the games.

My guess is that EA are making a Euro 2012 game, but there is no marketing until FIFA Street is out and selling copies as they would think too many people would not buy Street if a Euro game was coming out 2 month later.

My prediction is that we will get an official announcement in the next 2-3 weeks, see marketing (trailers, screenshots, bull**** buzzwords for the 'gameplay revelations') through April and the game be released in May.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    My guess is that EA are making a Euro 2012 game, but there is no marketing until FIFA Street is out and selling copies as they would think too many people would not buy Street if a Euro game was coming out 2 month later.

My prediction is that we will get an official announcement in the next 2-3 weeks, see marketing (trailers, screenshots, bull**** buzzwords for the 'gameplay revelations') through April and the game be released in May.

That would be super if true!

I know EA canada do the FIFA games generally but do they also do the Euro & World Cup games or is that done by another EA studio? if another, they could be working on it on the QT.

That would be super if true!

I know EA canada do the FIFA games generally but do they also do the Euro & World Cup games or is that done by another EA studio? if another, they could be working on it on the QT.

I'm nearly sure it's EA Canada that does those too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I know EA would probably do the best job but in a way I was kinda looking forward to someone else having a crack at it. Wouldn't have been the biggest disaster if it turned out crap you would still have fifa 12

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

Sure there was

US Gold also did an official game for World Cup 90. I remember in particular that Liam O'Brien (look him up) was listed in the Ireland squad despite the fact that the real player hadn't kicked a ball for Ireland in about 2 years.

Regarding UEFA 2012, I find it unusual for one thing that EA aren't doing it, but also is it normal that there doesn't seem to be *any* great information at all out there about this game (eg I had a quick look but can't seem to find any site or footage of this game or even pre-order on amazon etc despite the release date being less than 2 months away). Almost makes me believe it's a practical joke?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I hope it is EA thats doing it as i didnt get Fifa12 this time around waiting for a euro game instead. I loved Fifa WC last time and still play it the odd time.

I think EA put all their eggs into Fifa Street this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Barlett

I would imagine EA are still making it...like if it was a new developer they would have released screenshots and some info at this stage...since it'll probably be out around the end of May. I reckon EA are waiting for a few weeks so as not to overshadow FIFA Street

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

I read on some other forum where a member predicted there might be no actual stand alone game and instead 'Euro 2012' might just be a download that is added to FIFA12. As things stand that seems to make about as much sense to me as the idea that a rival company are releasing a game in less than 7 weeks yet haven't done *any* publicity for it. (they don't even have a mention of it on their official site).

Certainly the more I look the less I believe there is any actual game coming out from Warner/DoubleHelix anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

According to the Wiki link posted in this thread the game will supposedly run on CryEngine 3. So if nothing else it should look pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,872 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

As far as I remember the Fifa World Cup 2010 game was announced in January of that year, so I'd be extremely surprised (although very happy) to hear that EA were developing a Euro2012 game at this stage, and with less then 3 months left and no announcement it'd be extremely strange that one would suddenly pop up.

I'd be happy with a download as previously suggested as I imagine were there to be a Euros game it would be the same engine etc unlike World Cup 2012 which was somewhat different to the annual entry.

Everytime someone posts in this thread I click onto it thinking there will be news or some form of clarity on the situation. :(

Cannot believe there has been no word as to what is going on. Even if there is no game, why the **** does nobody know for sure?

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Everytime someone posts in this thread I click onto it thinking there will be news or some form of clarity on the situation. :(

Cannot believe there has been no word as to what is going on. Even if there is no game, why the **** does nobody know for sure?

I'm scared too :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

It's going to be hilarious.

I can't wait. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Ea Are bringing out a Euro 2012 expansion pack for Fifa 12 on April 24th . Just seen it on their Facebook .

Advertisement