Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

That'll do nicely!

Hopefully it has the Road to the Euros and all that stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Ah I knew it!

Yeah, looking forward to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

That'll do nicely!

Hopefully it has the Road to the Euros and all that stuff.

It doesn't unfortunately, This quote is from the link posted earlier by Dunny

'The DLC is based on the Euro 2012 tournament finals only, not qualification'

• Registered Users Posts: 11,988 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Very happy with this, happy to pay for the update for the competition and all that goes with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

It doesn't unfortunately, This quote is from the link posted earlier by Dunny

'The DLC is based on the Euro 2012 tournament finals only, not qualification'

That's disappointing, i liked that aspect of the Euro/World Cup games.

That's disappointing, i liked that aspect of the Euro/World Cup games.

Agree and Disagree.

Agree in the sense of online, with all teams available, then you get a bigger pool to choose from.

Don't play offline to care about a RTTWC mode.

I wonder with this being DLC(and the late announcement) will it impact upon how different it is to FIFA 12.

I'm a bit worried this will be FIFA 12 with new stadiums, commentary and slightly different atmosphere.

But holding out hope it will at least be what WC was to FIFA 10.

A demo will be essential to entice me.

Agree and Disagree.

Agree in the sense of online, with all teams available, then you get a bigger pool to choose from.

Don't play offline to care about a RTTWC mode.

I wonder with this being DLC(and the late announcement) will it impact upon how different it is to FIFA 12.

I'm a bit worried this will be FIFA 12 with new stadiums, commentary and slightly different atmosphere.

But holding out hope it will at least be what WC was to FIFA 10.

A demo will be essential to entice me.
    Unfortunately, the article posted above shows details which go against most of your hopes for Euro 2012.

You WILL be able to use all 53 teams that attempted to qualify will be in the DLC. So dont worry about the bigger pool for online.

This being DLC will hugely impact upon its difference to FIFA 12, as in there will be barely any.

Im almost certain this will be FIFA 12 with new stadiums, commentary and slightly different atmosphere.

At least what WC was to FIFA 10? 2010 FIFA World Cup was a far far better game than FIFA 10, and is widely renown as the best footy game for ages. The Euro 2012 DLC will be I would say 95% the FIFA 12 gameplay engine, maybe with a few tweaks. If they were going to be different it would have been a stand-alone game.

There wont be a demo. How could there be a demo of Downloadable Content?

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    At least what WC was to FIFA 10? 2010 FIFA World Cup was a far far better game than FIFA 10

There wont be a demo. How could there be a demo of Downloadable Content?

Meant in how much different it was to FIFA 10.
    Could have phrased it better I suppose.

I'm not sure, but I can't imagine many willing to fork out the money before they get a play of it.

I won't be forking out anyway for a rehash of 12 anyway, at least if you buy online maps, you get a new experience, but I can't see there being much uptake for a football game.

Sure we'll see what happens, though its unlikely I'll be purchasing on whats out there :(

It's not a re-hash, it's Downloadable content, it's an add-on. When you download COD MW3 map packs for example you get new Maps and new game modes, not a new experience, it's still the same COD MW3.

It's literally the same thing here. New teams, new stadiums and new game-modes.

There is nothing you need to try before you buy... It's FIFA 12. I've played online, career mode and Ultimate Team to death at this stage, so ill be shelling out the 1800 MS points for a Euro 2012 add on to take Ireland to glory in that, try the online with new teams, and try this Expedition Mode. I am expecting no improvement on FIFA 12. They obviously decided to focus on FIFA 13 instead of making a Euro game. I'm cool with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Basically you'll be downloading the Euro 2012 stadiums and extra cut scenes, everything else is there already on the disc, i'd say

This is a smart move by EA, you'd be more likely to get more buyers at €16 then a €45 purchase that will be obsolete in 1 months time anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭opengoal

aren't the international teams already in fifa 12 (disc)?? could you not just create your own custom euro 12 tourney without forking out another 15 quid???

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

opengoal wrote: »
    aren't the international teams already in fifa 12 (disc)?? could you not just create your own custom euro 12 tourney without forking out another 15 quid???

Not ALL the qualified teams are in FIFA 12.

I've played a few custom versions of the tournament myself, (struggled to take Ireland out of the Group unfortunately), and I need to substitute a couple of sides in when setting it up.

Can't recall off the top of my head who the missing teams are though.

I'd definately consider buying the DLC, but to be honest would never consider buying the stand alone game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

Faker74 wrote: »

Fifa12 has 14 out of the 16 finalists (Czech Rep and Ukraine are missing).

It has 24 out of the 53 UEFA nations in total. Strangely Wales is missing for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,348 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

have to go out and buy fifa 12 now

hopefully i mite pick it up second hand

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

PTH2009 wrote: »
    have to go out and buy fifa 12 now

hopefully i mite pick it up second hand

Just in case you aren't aware, if you buy a pre-owned copy of FIFA 12 and want to use it online you will have to buy an online pass also from EA which costs €10

So how many of ye are going to download the expansion pack. Id say ill be picking it up. Will give me something new to play in fifa for a few weeks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Equium

Faker74 wrote: »
    Not ALL the qualified teams are in FIFA 12.

I've played a few custom versions of the tournament myself, (struggled to take Ireland out of the Group unfortunately), and I need to substitute a couple of sides in when setting it up.

I'd definately consider buying the DLC, but to be honest would never consider buying the stand alone game.

You could always download additional national teams from the EAS Creation Centre and create the tournament instead of forking out for the DLC. Sure, you won't have the additional stadia etc, but the online community have recreated the vast majority of teams for others to download. They come complete with proper kits and badges too, if that's important.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Equium wrote: »
    You could always download additional national teams from the EAS Creation Centre and create the tournament instead of forking out for the DLC. Sure, you won't have the additional stadia etc, but the online community have recreated the vast majority of teams for others to download. They come complete with proper kits and badges too, if that's important.

Link please? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

log into your ea account and click on creation centre, then tournaments and download, Then go on your console and go to ea sports creation centre to download to your console,

Make sure you down the euro 2012 first as you only have 1 free download

http://www.ea.com/soccer/creation-centre

Your PSN/XBL profile has to be linked to your EASFC account to be able to log in.

Equium wrote: »
    http://www.ea.com/soccer/creation-centre

Your PSN/XBL profile has to be linked to your EASFC account to be able to log in.

So if I downloaded say Wales as an example they'd have a proper kit?

How do I download from the ea creation centre? Is it done on the ps3 or laptop

How do I go about linking my account ? I don't know whether I already linked my account with a different email :confused:

I'll try and help you out but its a while ago since I set mine up.
    When you log into the link provided above do you see two sections?
    One for newly created teams and one for newly created players?
    Click on a team/player that you would like to download and bookmark them then you go to your creation centre on your fifa 12 on ps3 and I think log into to download from there.
    Try that anyway

James__10 wrote: »
    How do I go about linking my account ? I don't know whether I already linked my account with a different email :confused:

You use the Ultimate Team Web App right? Instead of clicking 'ULTIMATE TEAM', click 'CREATION CENTRE' right beside it, then search for what you want to download and select it, go on your console into Creation Centre and they should be there waiting for you to download.

James__10 wrote: »

Did you get it working? I used these two links to set it up:

http://fifasoccerblog.com/blog/fsb-how-to-tie-your-gtpsnid-to-your-easf-account/

http://fifasoccerblog.com/blog/fsb-how-to-download-your-creation-centre-content/comment-page-1/#comments

As said above by others, you go into the Creation Centre on your computer and bookmark material you want to download. Then load up your game, go to Customise FIFA>Creation Centre and download the players/teams to your console.

Cheers lads got it sorted :D

Only thing is theres a limit of what you can download from the creation center :(

• Advertisement

Also just incase this happens to you. I had teams from the creation centre before and everytime I tried to change formations for any team in the game it would freeze on me. I had to delete the downloaded material from my profile. Just if it happens you'll know what to do

Advertisement