Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bonescap

brianon wrote: »
    Bought it. Downloaded it and now in game it's just the trial !?

That happened to me too. just go to the fifa shop and then exit it again. that sorted the problem for me.

The game play is terrible though. seems to be so many bugs in the game. Anyone else notice that you cant pick your subs, or that players dont really stick to their formation properly. almost impossible to defend well when players keep running out of position all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Downloaded the trial last night . Gameplay seemed slower to me maybe because i hadn't played it in 2 weeks .

Anyone else notice that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,988 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I was so excited about this....

I'm a real perfectionist for correct name players in the game, I can't stand playing unlicensed teams, I even downloaded Mutu for my FIFA12 even though I've never used him.

Apparently Ukraine (ONE OF THE HOSTS!!) are unlicensed too, seriously poor execution; they really messed up on licensing issues.

So despite my massive excitement for this I think I might be giving it a miss....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Downloaded the trial last night . Gameplay seemed slower to me maybe because i hadn't played it in 2 weeks .

Anyone else notice that ?

Some games are slow, some games are at x2 speed for me. It's weird, I can't quite put my finger on it.

Players seem sluggish to turn and react to things, the shooting seems different. I have to say though I am hooked to the online Euro 2012 at the moment, into the semi's with Portugal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

So people have had it for a day or two now. Does anyone regret getting it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

I expected to be able to play the qualifiers at least. I also hate how you can't select from the national pool. At least it's cheap and the squads and kits will be updated when the real squads are announced.
    Axwell wrote: »
    The update for this keeps freezing up my xbox. 3rd time now, gets to the main screen with Rooney, press start to go to the main menu and left with one symbol and the cirlces and then it freezes...

I just transferred all my cloud saves to my hard drive.It sorts it. It takes so long because it's syncing your fifa saves (check "current downloads").

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I was so excited about this....

I'm a real perfectionist for correct name players in the game, I can't stand playing unlicensed teams, I even downloaded Mutu for my FIFA12 even though I've never used him.

Apparently Ukraine (ONE OF THE HOSTS!!) are unlicensed too, seriously poor execution; they really messed up on licensing issues.

So despite my massive excitement for this I think I might be giving it a miss....

Its a bloody joke

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I love the World Cup 2010 game. Captain your country was decent.

The qualifiers as Ireland away to someone like Armenia, trying to dig out a result on a muddy pitch so you don't lose ground on the leaders, f*cking epic. Looking out for the games against the "big" teams in between. I thought it really captured the whole World Cup experience very well.

I loved the implementation of the online World Cup tournament (managed to win it with Portugal).

Hearing about all the bugs, licensing issues, lack of qualifiers, etc, puts me right off this. I might pick it up when the bugs are sorted out at least and the excitment for the tournament really begins, but until then, Ultimate Team ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,988 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I would have been happier to pay 40-50 for a World Cup 2010esque iteration of Euro 2012, reviews seem to be averaging around 6-6.5 from most sources so I don't think I'll be shelling out, €20 seems way too much for such small extras....

I wanted a separate game aswell, like a FIFA 12.5, but clearly FIFA Street took most of their focus, as a Euro game would have directly impacted sales.

But I did shell out the money for it and I dont regret it one bit. It has added new life to FIFA for me, I played FIFA 12 Career and Online H2H up until January then got sick of it, have mostly been playing Ulitmate Team since then and have gotten sick of it, so now I expect to play Expedition Mode/Euro Online until after the Euro's when I normally just wait for the next FIFA.

The gameplay is noticeably different, I'm sure it's just sliders or something, but there is FAR more of a focus on passing and contain is less effective. The online system with group games then knockouts is something I loved in WC 10, so happy to have that back.

All in all I'm very happy with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭youreadthis

What a waste of money.

Played the trial and theres no way id shell out €20 for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Won't be buying eiter a load of ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

E20?

And people thought E50 for a new game with a different flavor was too dear?
    I'd much rather pay E50 for a new game, than E20 for some new skins and the same engine as 12.

Not even the same engine. It plays like it's using 10's engine. I like Expedition and I enjoyed 10. But this game's done a number on me. It has my money.

Just so you know, you can get 2100 MS points for €16 on Microsoft's website.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056598149

That works out at less than €14 for the Euro 2012 DLC.

OMG totes rip-off burn in hell EA.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Seems as buggy as fook.
    I can't seem to edit the players stats in the euro mode - the player changes I made in the main part don't carry forward!

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Just so you know, you can get 2100 MS points for €16 on Microsoft's website.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056598149

That works out at less than €14 for the Euro 2012 DLC.

OMG totes rip-off burn in hell EA.

Still wouldn't buy it for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

I was 50/50 about getting this game in the short period between announcement and release but the amount of negative feedback I've read so far has convinced me not to bother.

Plus it's not like I've mastered Fifa 12 yet anyway so why switch horses mid-race when I've got plenty to keep me occupied.

Have actually been crippled by bugs tonight, games that are totally lag free just freezing at throw ins and kick-offs then dropping out, like this:

522008_10151568674200455_673425454_23834896_1990967999_n.jpg

I went to send the guy a message to see if his situation was the same and his player card said "Losing 1-7 at Home." Really odd.

It seems very rushed to me. Apparently the dev team were told they were making the DLC at the beginning of March, why not just wait until May and fix the bugs, put in the option to play a friend, or even a bloody friendly online.

There is alot wrong with it, but I still dont regret buying it. That may sound crazy to some but €14 to have the official tournament, DURING the actual tournament is something I can live with. I'm sure it will be patched aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

It better be patched!
    Not being able to edit and change the squads is crazy!
    The lack of full licences is nuts too.
    Very lazy stuff from EA.
    Having come from playing PES for years on the PC, this kind of patch would be freely available made by the fans.
    There's simply not enough to justify the pricetag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Sounds ridiculous the problems within the euro 2012 DLC. Havent a notion of even considering buying it unless they fix the bugs

• Registered Users Posts: 38,348 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I bought the Euro 2012 update off the playstation store but it doesent appear when i load fifa. When i go into Euro 2012 mode a purchase page comes up and euro 2012 is clicked as owned.

did i do something wrong with the order ???

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I bought the Euro 2012 update off the playstation store but it doesent appear when i load fifa. When i go into Euro 2012 mode a purchase page comes up and euro 2012 is clicked as owned.

did i do something wrong with the order ???

Its another bug, one I think everyone is having. When you go into Euro 2012, before you do anything click Y or triangle on PS3 to "Purchase Game" when you get there just back out and you can play normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Disgusted with myself for getting this, worst 1800 points I've ever spent :mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 38,348 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Disgusted with myself for getting this, worst 1800 points I've ever spent :mad::(

Not as mad as me. I bought it off the playstation store and it downloads the game and then when i go to play it, it says i still have to purchase it :mad::mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Not as mad as me. I bought it off the playstation store and it downloads the game and then when i go to play it, it says i still have to purchase it :mad::mad:.

Another thing that's bugging me about it is I was playing as Germany and when I went to make a substitution it was limited to about 5 players, two of which were keepers. After that I moved the 5 lads I was most likely to bring in for a game to the first 5 subs and STILL got the same lads. :mad::mad:

I actually find it far more sluggish than 12 too as regards player movement, passing etc - does anyone else think the same? Feels like you're turning a bus with some lads.

Poxy game.

And no, i'm not bitter :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Not being smart but people should have downloaded the demo first
    I downloaded the demo and I wouldn't pay 99c for this game, absolute rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Zico-PES

Very disappointed, was looking forward to this because I loved the World Cup 2010 game and I mostly play PES.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

Waste of money. Played the trial and liked it. Paid 20€ for the full version. Had a few of the lads around to play the Euro's. You can only select 1 user team. What a crock of shoite!

• Advertisement

Finally got around to trying to the trail today.

Reports were it ran off the 12 engine i.e exact same game no tweaks even to speed.
    Lads here said it plays different

..... It plays the EXACT same as 12, the only differences are the stadiums etc which must be throwing some people off who play at a lower camera angle as I didn't notice 1% of a difference.

Advertisement