Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro 2012

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Finally got around to trying to the trail today.

Reports were it ran off the 12 engine i.e exact same game no tweaks even to speed.
    Lads here said it plays different

..... It plays the EXACT same as 12, the only differences are the stadiums etc which must be throwing some people off who play at a lower camera angle as I didn't notice 1% of a difference.

I think those who thought it played different might be primarily Ultimate Team players. I know personally I had been playing a lot of Ulitmate Team, which is actually FIFA on crack, then played Euro and it seemed like slow-motion. Played H2H again recently and it's the same as Euro. Although I've been playing Euro for about 10 days and I swear the finesse shot is different, it is much more floaty and almost totally ineffective.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I think those who thought it played different might be primarily Ultimate Team players. I know personally I had been playing a lot of Ulitmate Team, which is actually FIFA on crack, then played Euro and it seemed like slow-motion. Played H2H again recently and it's the same as Euro. Although I've been playing Euro for about 10 days and I swear the finesse shot is different, it is much more floaty and almost totally ineffective.

Good point, but I'm actually a UT player myself but it still felt the same.
    I have played a few H2H and league games on boards over the past few weeks though whereas maybe others wouldn't have at all.

'12 will do me anyway. as much as I'd like the online tournament mode, I ain't paying E20 for it alone and I don't play offline so Expedition means nothing to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Guys it clearly has tweaked shooting. While everything else seems identical, if you can't tell the difference you must need glasses. Just power up a half power shot and see it take off like a rocket.

Shots are far, far more powerful even with poor defenders compared to Head-to-head in regular fifa 12. Finesse shots are also less accurate and go much farther wide, more often. Keeper AI seems to be tweaked aswell as they rush out much better.

On a slightly superfluous note, the referee also stops the game for serious injuries now which is a nice touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Very sad to hear this isnt good.was looking forward to it. The World cup 2010 game was amazing..Literally on the edge of my chair getting Ireland to the world cup final online.Amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Any word on an update to fix bugs. The substitution one is really annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Once again. Anyone heard anything about an update to fix bugs in the game.

I know they will do a squad update when we know the final squads for the euros so will they be fixing the gameplay bugs then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Kirby wrote: »
    On a slightly superfluous note, the referee also stops the game for serious injuries now which is a nice touch.

That definitely happens in FIFA 12 too!

Good points otherwise though.

Advertisement