Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sherlock confirms that ‘Irish SOPA’ has been signed into law

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Anonymous have DDOS'd his website and posted this pastebin as part of #opireland
    http://pastebin.com/jBh9xAKg

Oh No seansherlock.ie is down - theres going to be a run on the banks tomorrow for sure. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,405 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Perhaps he is preparing a responce?!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Actually, does anyone else thing it ironic that one of the effects of th e Irish SOPA law being signed is that we can't quote articles from newspapers and journals, and yet there is an entire article quoted in the openign psot about SOPA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Actually, does anyone else thing it ironic that one of the effects of th e Irish SOPA law being signed is that we can't quote articles from newspapers and journals, and yet there is an entire article quoted in the openign psot about SOPA?

It was done before the law was signed, so maybe it's omitted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

dvpower wrote: »
    1. DEFACEMENT / DDOS / LULZ TARGETS
    2. http://irishaid.ie/
    What the hell have Irish Aid ever done to them?

It's the government's overseas development program.

I guess people in other countries (China or ebaumsworld) don't see this as much of a development.

It was done before the law was signed, so maybe it's omitted?

That;s what I thought, but the first line of the quoted articcle specifically says, "has been signed into law".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Why is it acceptable to call sherlock all the names under the sun, yet not other public figures?

I think Marty Morrissey is a scoundrel.

Better?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Anybody care to enlighten me as to why getbroadband.ie was defaced in the wake of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

Anybody care to enlighten me as to why getbroadband.ie was defaced in the wake of this?

Is it a government run site?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 djsimpsondoh

Anonymous has taken down http://www.seansherlock.ie/
    this fella is in for one ruff ride according to tweets on twitter
    http://pastebin.com/zrru35un
    http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lybwl9VEp31qzigy0o1_500.jpg

Might be ComReg actually, still, it's an odd one, have to say I'm enjoying the tunes though...

Labour is in for a hell of a ride tonightz

I'm keeping an eye on this :pac:

#opireland for anyone who cares to join in that

Might be ComReg actually, still, it's an odd one, have to say I'm enjoying the tunes though...

comreg.ie and www.gov.ie still seem to be up - looks like they are limiting their plans to the minister but getbroadband.ie is a wierd one alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Probably only because it was so easy to do, it's a terrible site with out of date info, prob never updated and run by amateurs

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Anonymous has taken down http://www.seansherlock.ie/
    It's back up.

<snip>

even boards.ie are censoring posts now.....wtf...

<snip>

That thing auto fires requests - wouldnt recommend loading that up folks :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

even boards.ie are censoring posts now.....wtf...
    €35,000 warchest needed to fight one injunction in Court, can you blame them?

That thing auto fires requests - wouldnt recommend loading that up folks :mad::mad::mad:
    What was it?

Good Job Keith.

this country is seriously gone to d dog......no jobs.. high emigration.. no future for our kids...we have a corrupt government and bank system.. to expensive to live in..n now our internet has been taken off us....

What was it?

Good Job Keith.

Link to anons online version of LOIC, it's technically illegal for you to click on it as it starts firing requests right off the bat, not censorship at all on boards part just bloody good sense.

What was it?

Good Job Keith.

Server Overload or DDoS

it was some form of automated html or java script sending big numbers of mini requests to what looked like seansherlock.ie - ive print screened it but i got off it as fast i could as soon as i figured out what it was

My network activity was showing massive amounts of small packets sent while i was on it for the 10 seconds in which it took me to realise what it was

i cant prove where the packets were heading though due to the limitations of my network monitor

The person posted should have labelled the link at the very least....not a good place to post links like that though. It could land boards and the people who clicked on it not knowing what it was in trouble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

If Anonymous are spamming his email accounts they are idiots; I was getting some useful replies from Sherlock. That is going to shut down any positive communication and have only the idiots posting abuse being able to get through.

i did label it .....i said click at ur own risk....click at ur own risk means caution
    i have no connection with wats goin on i jsu was tellin pple about what anon had put up on twitter

i did label it .....i said click at ur own risk....click at ur own risk means caution

Ye could have stated what it was - personally i prefer clarity if at all possible especially after seeing what it does (automatically starts firing packets of data as well) - this my opinion anyways on that :)

i have no connection with wats goin on i jsu was tellin pple about what anon had put up on twitter

i never implied any link mate :)

Just to say it's not being labelled anywhere it's being put, seems to be tactical.

• Advertisement

If Anonymous are spamming his email accounts they are idiots; I was getting some useful replies from Sherlock. That is going to shut down any positive communication and have only the idiots posting abuse being able to get through.
    Useful replies..pfft

"I'm going to sign it anyway"

Advertisement