Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Prepay Roaming in UK

Options
  • 29-02-2012 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but here goes -

I moved to Three prepay (Samsung smartphone) recently and I want to make sure the phone works when I go England at the weekend. I called in to a Three shop today and the guy there said that Three (Ireland) have no roaming costs in the UK if you use the Three (UK) network, so the cost would be just the same as if you were using the phone in Ireland. He also said that web browsing would be free.

Can anyone confirm if they have used a Three Ireland prepay phone in the UK and it's worked out like I was told? I rang Three customer care, but the person there was basically saying to check the website. I did and couldn't find the answer.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

I've been over to the UK a lot in the last year and there's no difference between using your phone at home and in the UK, tis great to be able to use the phone without having to worry about extortionate roaming rates!

What you were told in the shop was spot on!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭cjc0101

It's brilliant for data however WARNING BRING ANOTHER SIM FOR ANOTHER NETWORK! 3pay (3 prepay) have no fall back network in the UK, so no 3uk coverage you're stuffed! So west of the bann, (most of Tyrone, Derry, Armagh, but Derry City you should be fine, and in big towns), you will have crappy coverage which is a problem, and no coverage in Fermanagh at all! On the upside, you can use your data! Without eating your credit! I use meteor as they offer a good UK roaming service and currently no call text charges in EU above the normal Irish charges for payasyougo (prepay) however data charges are extortionate, so three like home is a godsend!

Advertisement