Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best smart phone?

Options
  • 29-02-2012 6:12pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭

Hi folks. Simple What is the best smart phone out there? I need one that can take abuse, dust, sand, concrete, can get wet. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Alright, i'll bite, there is no "best", they all bring different characteristics to the table.

I'm not too sure if there are many truely rugged smart phones out there at the minute. It could be an idea to look at rugged cases that would protect your device.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

You should give more information as to what is important in a smartphone to you. Watching films, playing music, playing games, browsing the web, etc. Carphone warehouse has a phone builder option where you can pick the features you want.

http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/aspx/PhoneBuilder.aspx

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Cheers Alan. Well whats on offer protective-case wise? Anyone out there have any experience of using their smart phone plus case in a rugged situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

newmug wrote: »
    Hi folks. Simple What is the best smart phone out there? I need one that can take abuse, dust, sand, concrete, can get wet. Any suggestions?

Best smartphone? The Samsung Galaxy S II won the phone of the year award for 2011. One could argue that the Galaxy Nexus is now a better option.

Best rugged smartphone? Motorola Defy+ JCB Limited Edition. Not available with any Irish network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Toasterspark

I saw the Samsung Rugby Smart online and it's like a builder's smartphone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Three are bringing out a water/dust proof HTC

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

An iphone with an otterbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 boneheaded

bought this cover....hard to get into and out of your pocket because of plastic cover. Plastic cover broke above silent switch and then was usless..worked for 3-4 months. Was good and tooksome hard knocks but let down badly by outer cover.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Just got a Sony Erricson xperia ray free off emobile. What are they like?

Advertisement