Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Tourist Attractions (outside of the obvious)

• 29-02-2012 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

A foreign friend wants me to show her some interesting/beautiful attractions in Dublin this weekend. But shes's already seen all the obvious ones (Trinity College, Dublin Castle, Phoenix Park, GPO etc. Probably more than I've seen :p) . And it's supposed to rain this weekend anyway, so I can probably rule out most outdoor activities (though who ever said Irish weather was predictable).

I'm totally stuck for ideas. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

berryjo wrote: »
    A foreign friend wants me to show her some interesting/beautiful attractions in Dublin this weekend. But shes's already seen all the obvious ones (Trinity College, Dublin Castle, Phoenix Park, GPO etc. Probably more than I've seen :p) . And it's supposed to rain this weekend anyway, so I can probably rule out most outdoor activities (though who ever said Irish weather was predictable).

I'm totally stuck for ideas. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Well kilmainham gaol is great, should do that if you havnt already.Maybe trip up to howth or Irelands eye (weather permitting)?Maybe go to st.michans church and touch some creepy old mummies, or go to christchurch and then Dublinia and experience mdeival and viking dublin right next door.You could go to the zoo if the weather stays nice, or you could to the old jameson whiskey distillery or the guinness brewery.Well if none of these ideas suit you heres a great tourist website, list of every tourist attraction,restaurant cafe,shopping,lanmark and club in Dublin city and every other city in the world too plus reviews. Great website,sure youll find something! http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Europe/Ireland/County_Dublin/Dublin-296021/TravelGuide-Dublin.html

sorry just realised I'm a bit late:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

The Glasnevin Cemetery Museum and Tour followed by pints in the Grave Diggers and then a stroll around the Botanic Garden.

Advertisement