Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wedding Attire

• 29-02-2012 6:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

I ahve a wedding to attend in April (The bane of my life when i dont know the bride or the groom!)

Anyway, what do late 20somethings who like to be a little bit hip or alternative wear to weddings these days?

I have a natural aversion to satin or anything Karen Millen or Coast.

Just looking for some ideas, Styles, brands/labels, good place to shop? Even websites i should look on for inspiration?

Dont know if its relavent but im 5ft9ish, size 10ish. Fairly curvy frame so structured/cinched or slightly taliored looks tend to suit me more so than lots of floaty layers for example.

Anything to get me started! Thanks so much to anyone who replies :)

Thanks in advance guys!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Sinall

I got a nice dress in Jigsaw last year, for my 30th birthday and am going to wear it to a wedding in a few weeks. It's not somewhere I'd normally shop but the dress is lovely and really versatile. (Just had a look at their website but they don't seem to have anything wedding-suitable this season - sorry!)Reiss is also good for structured/tailored dresses and you'd definitely wear them again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Maybe Vivien of Holloway if you are into the pin up look - Retro in Georges Arcade stock the dresses as well or you can get some nice ones on ebay as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I've gotten lovely dresses for weddings from Dorothy Perkins and Awear, only set foot in Coast for the first time ever yesterday, didn't realise the price of them, feck that!! I like to buy a relatively cheap dress and doll it up with accessories, more fun when you know you got a bargain and made it look a little different.

Advertisement